Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello wingers, You might already know this, but having purchased my wing in it original form. The brakes were not very good,:( I didn't feel confident I would be able to stop in an emergency situation. :eek:
I purchased and fitted some replacement Braided Brake Hoses. Wow!!! "What a BIG Difference" Now I have the confidence that I can stop!!
It is my first WING and Love It. :) Kev

·
Registered
674 Posts
Hi and Welcome, I want to be the first to inform you we love pictures around these parts. congratulations on your new 2 u Wing. Braided hoses are the way to go, good job.

·
Premium Member
7,999 Posts
Very nice, 1982goldwinger! Welcome to the Forum!

Yep, old rubber even when it has mesh around it becomes "flabby." Has to be stiff for the brakes to work right. After all, the most important feature of brake fluid is that it is NON-compressible. Modern hoses are definitely superior to the ones available when our Classic Wings were built.

These Classic Wings are interesting, aren't they?! After re-synchronozing Tatanka's carbs last night, for the second time in about 8 weeks, I can honestly say that he is one of the strongest, smoothest and most comfortable motorcycles I have ever ridden, and I've ridden more that a few over the past 37 years.:eek: Shoot, rode a Road King last weekend and a Fat Boy the weekend before; friends' bikes who wanted to ride my '85 1200. They enjoyed it a lot, and that was before the re-synch. Now, the throttle is very responsive. I didn't really know what I was doing last time. I'd never "synchronized" carbs in my life before. Now, I get it better and recommend it strongly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts