Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Looking to upgrade from my 1200 Interstate to a '91 1500 is there anything I need to look out for any major issues with them

:rolleyes:

Regards

Graham

·
Registered
108 Posts
The problems I have with my 1500 is keeping gas in it, spending too much money on accessories & trying to get work done around the house! I guess we all have to make some sacrifices for the miles of smiles.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Hi All

Looking to upgrade from my 1200 Interstate to a '91 1500 is there anything I need to look out for any major issues with them

:rolleyes:

Regards

Graham
The only thing that comes to mind is the inability to stay off of it!!!!!!! :eek:

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Nothing major but depending on the miles on it you might consider alternator brushes, timing belts, fork oil change, sub filter and cruise filter are a few of the things that get over looked a lot of times.

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
if i were in bristol england your problem would be me buying it before you :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys for your input, s for you Det, I'm not telling you where it is :):) just got to get the price through the other half :( so wish me luck and with some I'll be on my 1500 very very soon

Cheers

Graham

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
good luck with the purchase hillstgas

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Graham, I loved my 1200; all 8 years and 160,000+ miles of her. Right up until I rode a 1500. I found it hard to believe that any bike could be sooo much better than the 1200, but it spoiled me in about 15 minutes on the test ride. Then coming back from California on a long climb on I-5 two 1500's went by us: one pulling a trailer, and one just two-up. I was two up, pulling the Tiny-mite (loaded for bear of course) in third gear to the pin. They went by me in a throaty but muted 'whroosh'. I turned to the Mrs and said: "that's it, time for a new Wing". Bought a wineberry 1500 the next spring. The good Dr said it all, act quickly, you'll be happy you did.

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
if the misses rides with you then take her with you to inspect the 1500. i don't have a passenger often but even with the trunk relocation kit on the 1200 all my passengers that have been on my 1200 and 1500 say that the 1500 has more room for them

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi all

Just to let you all know the 1500 is being delivered on Saturday, happy days ahead:D:D:D:D:D

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,845 Posts
Hillstgas, great looking Wing. Congrats on your new scoot. Ride safe and enjoy.

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
congrats, where are the pic's, and you don't have to be rev happy on a 1500

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
congrats, where are the pic's, and you don't have to be rev happy on a 1500
'less ya want to!
Good job buddy! What are you going to do with the 1200?

·
Premium Member
11,001 Posts
Congratulation on the new ride. So it will not be long and we will see some great photos. Budoka if I ever get up your way you will have to tell me where that hill is. I have never been in 3rd gear with it pegged out on a big bike. Eric

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi Guys

Thanks for all your messages, as for the 1200 I've been lucky and so really good guy up in Derbyshire about 3 hrs drive away bought it, stange he hasn't actually seen it in the flesh.
As for pictures these are all I have at the moment.

Regards

Graham

Attachments

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Eric, I-5 north of Redding California, just about into Oregon I think. Needs to be at 5:00 in the afternoon after 10 hours on the road in 100*f heat. Don't know who was grumpier: me, the missus or ole 24KGOLD (my license tag on the '84). That was the night of the bear, but that's another story for another section.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Now that is a beauty! Congrats on the upgrade!!!

·
Super Moderator
28,437 Posts
Sweeet!!!!!

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Great pics Hillstgas! What the hang is all the green stuff in the background? LMAO

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi Guys

Thanks for the nice comments about the bike, Budoka that green stuff is what we call in England grass lol

1 - 20 of 24 Posts