Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Goldwing F6B 45th Ed
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of updating all regular bulbs on 2015 F6B to LED as my winter project.

Can I update all bulbs? Any which should be left original?

License plate.. E6 or T10?
Low beam...H7?
High beam?
Turn signal?
Rear turn?
Tail light?

Any recommendations and model type?

Thank you for your time in advance

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
Check out these LED strobe lights for the brake/tail lights.

They are very effective.
Sorry the seller I bought from is no longer listed .

Reactions: igurv

·
Registered
872 Posts
You will have to change the flasher if you replace the turn signals. Otherwise they will hyper flash.
Plus, all LED headlights are not the same. Some don't project a good pattern and you may lose distance lighting.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I've made all my bulbs LED except high beam and dash/fairing bulbs. I also have all 4 trunk lights for tail/brake with the lights between the turn signals. It's very bright with all 6 lit. I put switch back turns in the mirrors so up front I've got 6 white lights including the fogs. My wife says I look like a UFO at night!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You will have to change the flasher if you replace the turn signals. Otherwise they will hyper flash.
Plus, all LED headlights are not the same. Some don't project a good pattern and you may lose distance lighting.
Thanks...
I think that's why I am asking from experts.... which bulb type or company for which area on bike? thanks

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've made all my bulbs LED except high beam and dash/fairing bulbs. I also have all 4 trunk lights for tail/brake with the lights between the turn signals. It's very bright with all 6 lit. I put switch back turns in the mirrors so up front I've got 6 white lights including the fogs. My wife says I look like a UFO at night!
All 6 lit.... brake/tail has 2 bulbs... how did you get 4 in there.. please share any pictures or type of bulbs...

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Check out these LED strobe lights for the brake/tail lights.

They are very effective.
Sorry the seller I bought from is no longer listed .
very helpful... thanks ..
I am thinking.... centre 2 bulbs change to strobe red...
and side ... amber / red combo...

Front... change the turn signal lens to white... and throw in white / amber led bulbs....

Any tips ?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BRIGHT2WHEELS...
Has anyone used this product???

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
All 6 lit.... brake/tail has 2 bulbs... how did you get 4 in there.. please share any pictures or type of bulbs...
There is a jumper mod that ties the unused filament in the trunk tail lights to either the brake to turn signal lights.
I believe the mod has been posted on the and other sites.

·
Registered
184 Posts
F6B so no trunk and no trunk lights. One light assembly with two dual filament bulbs on rear fender between the directionals.

Did you check out the link I provided? SoCalMotoGear has Goldwing specific products including complete kits with all bulbs. I highly recommend them.

I have no experience with bright2wheels so won't comment.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Each side of the trunk has 2 and 2 red lights between the turn signals. Just above the license plate. It makes a triangle shape. There is a wire harness kit to tie in the lower lights and a small kit to make all 4 trunk lights light up together. I'll try to find part numbers for ya

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
F6B so no trunk and no trunk lights. One light assembly with two dual filament bulbs on rear fender between the directionals.

Did you check out the link I provided? SoCalMotoGear has Goldwing specific products including complete kits with all bulbs. I highly recommend them.

I have no experience with bright2wheels so won't comment.
I looked at the link and products.... added the cost and shipping.. then converted them to Canadian $$ and added some duty.... becomes too expensive for me... so I am thinking of investing some time and make it work on my own. thanks

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
@igurv this will hook up the lights between the turn signals to run with the trunk lights for tail/brake. Then jumper the trunk lights to each other to get all 4 lit. It's really pretty easy. The lower lights require some disassembly but no biggie!

And this connects the trunk lights

·
Registered
14 Posts
BRIGHT2WHEELS...
Has anyone used this product???
Let me know if you install some of these. Thanks.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Dunno why Honda didn't make it that way to begin with.
Especially since the socket and bulb were already there. They just left the pin out of the socket.
I ordered pins from Corsa Technic and made my own harness.

·
Registered
184 Posts
The addition of the jumpers in the trunk is great as is adding the harness to provide brake lights to the lower light between the directional lights. Unfortunately the OP has a F6B.

Reactions: NREMTP

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am thinking of updating all regular bulbs on 2015 F6B to LED as my winter project.

Can I update all bulbs? Any which should be left original?

License plate.. E6 or T10?
Low beam...H7?
High beam?
Turn signal?
Rear turn?
Tail light?

Any recommendations and model type?

Thank you for your time in advance
All of the above. I did it when I bought mine in May. What a difference, and it makes the bike look "up to date". I went to Cyclemax and purchased what he carries. Good stuff. Patience is key, and highly recommend you do it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts