Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just an update on the GW my Dad gave me for Easter. Because of my job I haven't been able to work on the bike till this weekend After getting the bike to fire, changing oil and gas I figured it had to have something to do with fuel delivery. I pulled the fuel pump, disassembled it and took the actual pump to a friend at the local Car Quest. He checked it on a volt meter and it was indeed bad. We checked with auto pumps and wound up with a pump for an 03 Honda Accord 2.3 that was a almost exact match. I reassembled the pump, put in the bike, fired up the first time, runs smoothly other than a few valves ticking from having sat up for so long. The dealer wanted $350 for an entire assembly and the pump, a Bosch 69496, was $90. I've also seen the same pump online for $72. Thanks for all of the advice from the forum! A great Father's Day indeed!

·
Super Moderator
9,993 Posts
Looks like your are about ready to hit the road with your new Wing. Ride safe and enjoy...

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
Good on you. Hope you can connect with some GWOF members in your area.

·
Super Moderator
7,603 Posts
That's fantastic that you got the Wing running.
Was you father surprised to see it running?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Trike Lady, one of the best parts of my Fathers Day was seeing my Dad's face and smile and hearing him say, "I knew if anyone could get it back running it would be you", thanks!

·
Premium Member
24,646 Posts
Congrats to you xj. Have fun with that rascal!

·
Super Moderator
12,269 Posts
Great, now it can give you miles of smiles! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts