Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Upcoming ride

4K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  crownfire 
#1 ·
A friend and I (and our wives) are planning to trailer our Wings to the San Antonio, Texas, area at the end of February or early March of 2012. We are looking for suggestions as to where to ride and things and places to see. We even thought about going down to the Gulf of Mexico. We really don't have any kind of agenda but will only be down there a week or so. Any suggestions by members here would be great. Thanks!

Jeff in South Dakota

#2 ·
You gotta ride the Texas Hill Country. Do the 3 Sisters ride (Hwy 335,336,337). Through Leakey, Utopia, Campwood, Medina, Garner State Park, Lost Maples State park.
From Kerrville take 39 along the river to Leakey. Gotta do Lukenbach & Fredricksburg & Enchanted Rock. BBQ at Coopers in Llano. PM me when you come maybe I can show you some rides.

#9 ·
While the fire (one big one for 314,444 acres) was bad for people and their use of the land, Mother Nature takes care of herself. Once it rains you will hardly know that there was a fire. Fire is a natural part of most ecosystems in this country. The scenery will be just as good. I hope they get some rain soon so the grass will grow back for the ranchers. Go visit, they need the tourist to not avoid the area.

Some examples:
Solomon Canyon, we stopped the Rock House Fire in this canyon up to the ridge I'm on into Selmen Canyon behind me. The fire burned the right side. Some difference now, but will be hard to see once it rains.
Mike, one of the local ranchers, real cowboys, nothing fake about these guys.
Fort Davis Courthouse - you could make a trip just seeing the courthouses in Texas.
Fort Davis National Historic Site with the town of Fort Davis in the background. Lots of history to see in Texas.
You never know whay you will see, maybe even take the ride of your life. (This is in Marfa, TX)

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.