Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
With all the new 1500 owner we I have, I thought I'd bring a couple of the thing you can make for the 1500 back into the picture.

Here is a unique mount for an Analog Voltmeter I made for my 1500. So far I think it's one of a kind.
From the Northwest Corner
Ron

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,667 Posts
I like that it looks nice with the wood.
That's a necessary item too a voltmeter.

·
Premium Member
23,771 Posts
Sweet! The 1800 riders have to get the digital and some tuck them down in the steering well. Yours looks like it belongs there.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Very nice I never have seen wood on the faux gas tank before!

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Ron, did you snailmail me those dimensions yet? Not rushing you just asking.

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They went out in today's mail. Had them ready to go yesterday but it was MLK day and the Post office was closed.
They are full scale drawing, top, side and end, plus a templet you can use to trace onto to your stock.
Let me know how it goes, and contact me if you have any question.
From the Northwest corner.
Ron

·
Super Moderator
15,238 Posts
nice work ron

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nice work ron
Thanks, detdrbuzzard. I've made a couple other thing for the wing over the years. Instead of the Star washers under the trunk rack post, I've made a flat strap thing out of polished flat Aluminum stock that runs under both post on each side from front to back.
and a polished Aluminum piece behind the License plate.
Ron

·
Registered
109 Posts
Very nice looking! Very professional looking! An idea might be forming.......why not produce these for sale??? The board with whatever type wood desired and a voltmeter mounted with it..all the customer deeds to do is plug it in and mount it! Wow....I see a desire for this item!:rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
Looks good. One more thing to polish, only this time with Pledge..

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you got to clean there anyway why not make it look pretty.:)

I suppose I could custom make them but I'd have to let the buyer do the staining and finishing, for anything other than an outdoor varnish. I've seen what some cabinet shops go through trying to get the colors just right to suit the buyer.
Ron

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
I made a top box for my Tiny Mite tent trailer some years back. I used 3/8" t&g cedar and finished it with marine spar varnish. Looed real good and really stood up to the weather well.

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
budoka; Cedar, I'll bet a unit made out of Red Cedar would be nice. I'll have to check out in the shop and see if I have any. It's raining anyway.
From the Northwest Corner.
Ron

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
With all the new 1500 owner we've gotten I thouht I bring this forward again.

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I looked for a digital voltmeter that would have gone with the digital gear indicator just forward of the voltmeter.

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
Hey Larry...I take it you didn't snatch that 1800 you were looking at.

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
Hey Larry...I take it you didn't snatch that 1800 you were looking at.
I couldn't solve the radio issue from here, 300 miles away before someone else plopped down the cash.

I need to take my time and find a low mileage red, blue, white, silver or yellow 1800 that is local so I can research it a little better.

So, I am gonna ride this 1500 for the season, unless I trip over an 1800 that I can't live without.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts