Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So like I said the other day I finally got the right stereo in my 89 and have a few small bugs to iron out with it, but a couple of other issues have cleared up since. My self cancelling turn signals didn't work before the change and their working great now. I cleaned all of my microswitches and repaired my cruise button when I got the bike and now my cruise set works hmmm didn't all those months before. Still no cruise but that light works now. The radio that I was so happy with showed some issues Saturday when we set out on our ride but since have cleared up.
The ic mute was way sensitive and messed with the musicin the headset. The avc was intermittent,and after the first 213 miles the radio would mute itself so I'd lightly tap it on top close to the knobs to stop it. The next morning I'd had enough and piped the music outside,left the ic and cb inside the headsets and it worked perfectly. I did have a couple of bumps to mute close to home when the station signal got too weak to pick up. This morning the same perfect all the way to work. This thing looked like it'd been sitting in a dusty environment for a while plus living face up to the elements on a 88 model until I got it. I'm going to pop up the knobs and spray CRC down the pots like I did to cure the volume control and see if that helps the avc and mute. Just thinking out loud here, sorry y'all...........................

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
No apollogies necessary 89. Glad to hear you're getting things sorted. Contact cleaner is great stuff.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've become a big fan of CRC the past week lol. I almost wished the radio didn't get better, went into a series of 25 mph s turns yesterday morning and had the radio in seek for so long I forgot. Well as luck would have it the thing locked in on a tejano station and the volume was wide open. We both almost left the seat completely blew my line THEN I found the volume knob LOL.

·
Super Moderator
9,854 Posts
I've become a big fan of CRC the past week lol. .
I hope you mean CCR. If so, welcome to the CCR fan club. Great music for tooling down the highway.

·
Premium Member
17,146 Posts
On the cruise issue. There are two cruise switches, one on the brake and the other on the clutch, both are at the end of the levers travel when all the way out. One check is to push out on each lever and listen for a click. If it clicks it's probably not going out all the way. You can also check while going down the road. push each one then both and check to if the cruise will set.
If this makes it work, lube the pivot pins for the levers DO NOT over tighten after lubing.
The switches are located on the front out side corner of the levers. One one bike I had to shim After market the lever with some tape cut to fit the contact point to get it to make the switch work.
You might also try flushing the switched with contact cleaner
It's some Place to start.
From the Northwest Corner
Ron

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
>TWW LOL ya a big ccr fan too. Thanks Ron I've been flushing the switches with cleaner and I have all four working I need to shim the brake side but if I push out just a little I get the cruise set light. The problem is that the cruise isn't engaging after I hit cruise set. I'm going down toward the module this weekend and test there.

·
Premium Member
17,146 Posts
I beleave there is also a switch in the foot brake system also, I completely forgot about that. Not long ago somebody on here was having a problem with the cruise and found the switch on the foot brake needed adjusting. just in case you missed it.Best of luck.
From the Northwest Corner
Ron

1 - 7 of 7 Posts