Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I have just bought a 59,000 mile GL1100 Interstate 1983. The bilke was imported into the UK in 1993 and has seen better days, but I love her already. I rode her the 13 miles home with no rear brakes and very little front brake. Some of the body work is a different colour to the rest and the chrome has seen much better days. However there are plenty of receipts with the bike and the cam belt was changed just 4000 miles ago. I know she is old but then so am I. I used to own a Kawazaki GPZ 900R and also owned the Forum gpz900r.org. Not had a bike since then and now feel that I shouild restore this one to its former glory. It still has its original Minnesota Tag on. I will post some pics and await any feed back. Kind Regards Andy Banwell:)

·
Super Moderator
28,454 Posts
Welcome Andy. Have fun with your project. A Minnesota bike huh. kind of neat.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Howya Andy and welcome. Best wishes on your restoration, the 1100's were a fine machine, and still are.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania and congrats on your new imported Wing. Get that puppy cleaned up and road ready and go have a blast. Ride safe and enjoy the site..

·
Registered
835 Posts
Welcome from Canda Bigandy. I had an 82 with about the same mileage on her and she never let me down. Regular maintenance and a little TLC, they'll go forever. Brakes are a good thing to have on a motorcycle.:). Mine burned a wee bit of oil but other than that, absolutely no complaints. My friend sold his 93 with 300k km on it. He turned 80 and wanted something smaller. Enjoy!
Strat

1 - 5 of 5 Posts