Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are thinking of having our motorcycle with us out in LA this winter so we can ride along the southern areas of the country and see the Southwest.

We live in Indiana and will be spending a couple of months out in Marina Del Rey - possibly Jan and Feb.

I have looked into shipping the wing out there and it seems to be in the $400-$500 range. I forget now, but it seemed that we could get a Uhaul trailer - one way - for around $450

Anyone have experience with having a motorcycle shipped?

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
Check out www.keyboardmotorcycleshipping.com they were well worth the money compared to fuel cost, motel, meals and air fare when I bought my wing. I had them transport from Mason City Iowa to Seattle Wa. Check out their video. My cost was about $600. They are insured for any damage.

Good luck
YV
Is that one way? Did you then ride it home?

My brother is snow birding in Mission, Texas and he didn't take his Honda Silverwing Maxi Scooter with him and he regrets that decision. He said, next year he will have it down there.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Is that one way? Did you then ride it home?

My brother is snow birding in Mission, Texas and he didn't take his Honda Silverwing Maxi Scooter with him and he regrets that decision. He said, next year he will have it down there.
Yes Larry, that was one way, then I rode it home from Seattle. I had to import it into Canada, get an inspection done, then app. 250 mi. ride home. From then on I was addicted. Currently suffering withdrawal, (snow on the ground).

YV

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
I'd ship it the way YV did, that way the onus is on the shipping carrier. Uhauls are great, but it's a big hassle towing in mid winter across the country, snowstorms, mountain passes etc.
YV (Rick?) you and I are stuck in the same rut, er, snowbank:rolleyes:

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'd ship it the way YV did, that way the onus is on the shipping carrier. Uhauls are great, but it's a big hassle towing in mid winter across the country, snowstorms, mountain passes etc.
YV (Rick?) you and I are stuck in the same rut, er, snowbank:rolleyes:
You bet Bud. And the white stuff is here for the next six months, but then it's not such a bad thing after all I do live in a ski resort!

YV, (Ed in Sun Peaks, B.C. Canada)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts