Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went for a ride after work today and turned on my bluetooth headset and turned on the bluetooth on my phone and waited for them to connect. No go. Turned the headset off and on. No go. Oh well, running out of daylight (and warmth) so I let my wife know I'd be out of touch and off I went.

After a little while I realized my grips and seat weren't heating up. Uh, oh, I thought. I probably did something bad when I installed the risers on the weekend. After I got home, while waiting for dinner to cook, I thought I'd have a go at the headset and see if I could figure out why it won't connect. Turned on the headset and bang - phone instantly says its connected. Argggggg. Oh well, hopefully it'll work next time I go for a ride.

After dinner it was time to see if I unplugged the grip heaters or something on the weekend when I did the risers. Started the bike and let it sit for a while with the grips and seat on max and wouldn't you know it -they're working fine! I had had them turned up to max when I was out riding after I began to wonder if they were working or not, and had turned them off when I got home, and then turned them up to max when I was running it in the garage tonight. I've never had this happen before. Has anyone ever seen this sort of thing on their bike?

Oh well, weird, but better than trying to troubleshoot a problem...

·
Super Moderator
12,270 Posts
It's a possibility that the ignition wasn't quite in the correct position. I have had that happen to where some of the accessories wouldn't work.

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
Only Rod Steiger knows for sure:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
Is it possible that the heated gear and you Blue Tooh are on the same circuit and the relay for that circuit was stuck. ????

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is it possible that the heated gear and you Blue Tooh are on the same circuit and the relay for that circuit was stuck. ????
Thanks Ron, but no, the bluetooth is only between the phone and my bluetooth headset - no wires to the bike so the two problems aren't related. Just a fluke I guess...

On the subject of the heated grips - mine get very warm up near the controls end of the grip, and not so much in the middle or at the outward end. Is that normal?

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
I think I get a bit of influence from the bar end weights in colder weather, but I can still feel heat quite close to the ends. Certainly well out from the mid point anyway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts