Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you help?

The sticker inside the back box tells me the pressures should be 36 front and 41 rear. Can someone confirm that (generally speaking and with due regard to temperature) that those figures are correct?

Thanks!

Ron

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
I believe that is also the recommended TP in the manal. I'll have to go to the garage and check, but I think that is what I run on my 1800 with the stock tires that came with the bike.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
pressure E3s

I run 38 front and 43 rear measured pre ride.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
i have e3's on both wings and run 38f and 42r

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
The pressure in the owners manual is for stock tires, most people change tire types once the OEM's are gone. Pressure on side of tire is MAX air pressure, you don't want to run that all the time. For Dunlop E3's I run 38 f and 40 r

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
E3 tyre pressures

Many thanks to all who answered. This has helped enormously - although interesting that there should be so much variation.

Think I may try 38/42 and see how it goes.

Thanks again!!

Ron

·
Registered
183 Posts
I was confronted with the same question. When I picked up my '95 Aspy from a local dealer he inflated both tires to the pressure marked on the tires. The bike just did not handle right. I was convinced that the tires were over inflated. Note that the pressure marked on the tires states - - for max load. Therfore I adjust my tire pressure between the placard pressure recommended and the max load pressure as marked on the tire (cold). I do not ride 2 up and presently have no other load than myself at 155. Additional note my Dunlap tires are spec as OEM replacements!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Manual and trunk sticker says 36F and 41R. Dealer set them at 41F & 41R and indicated that is what most people run them at. I noticed the bike handled better at 41 and 41 and have left it there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts