Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Saturday was the last pie run of the year for Two Wheel Texan forum/riders group. We met on the square in Crockett, TX and ate at the Moosehead cafe. A good turnout as bikes lined the square and adjacent parking lots (looked like nearly a 100).

My ride down from Troup, a mere 60 miles started out in fog on my new Wing and never cleared until lunch time. Pulling into a gas station in Crockett, my riding buddy from Dallas pulls in to fuel up his Burgman 650 Maxi Scooter. We ride down to the square as everyone was already inside the cafe trying to get a seat. Fortunately upon walking in they were only at about 50% capacity as we were served quickly. The catfish special was particularly tasty.

I planned to ride with my Dallas buddy about 100 miles north where I'd break off and head east. The afternoon was about as good as it gets as temps were in the mid sixties and lots of sunshine. Picking all back county roads we devoured the twisties as my Wing was flawless. Moving up from a Maxi Scooter I'm really digging the ease at countersteering the Wing as it becomes more nimble as I get more hours in the saddle. I got in about 200 miles on that ride and today got nearly that much again as I rode north to do a construction bid for a client. I find myself on the Wing every excuse and reason I can find. Besides, it's a very mild winter here in Texas as it looks like we're going to have a glorious winter riding season.

·
Super Moderator
15,217 Posts
sounds like a nice couple days of riding dan, glad you had fun and are enjoying your new wing but when is your buddy getting a wing? you mean you haven't talked him into getting a wing yet :)

·
Super Moderator
14,465 Posts
Sounds like a great day.

·
Administrator
26,225 Posts
Wow, pie and good riding. Doesn't get much better than that!

·
Premium Member
7,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
William(you go by Bill too?),
Burgman riders are very loyal like Wing owners. However, after riding my Wing for a few weeks now, I got back on my Burgman 400 the other day and rode to town. The scooter felt like riding a bicycle. The peppiness was fun in traffic but the more diminutive feel at 70+ felt a little less comfortable compared to the Wing. So, I'm thinking about selling the scooter and making the Wing my main ride. Maybe when I do that my buddy will see how much I'm loving my Wing.

·
Administrator
26,225 Posts
Never spoken to any Burgman riders in person, but I know the riders of the Elite are much the same, very loyal and proud of their rides. Bumped into a couple (each one on their own Elite) on the return leg of a country wide tour of Canada on them. They were having a blast.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts