Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last month, I so wanted to trailer my bike down to Phoenix and catch some sun rays. The weather down there and here held me up. Now the gas stations are holding me up!!

So I am leaving Tuesday, minus the truck and trailer. I am heading down on the wing, pulling my trailer and camping when the weather is favorable to do so. My girl friend has decided that she wants some adventure so she is coming along.

We plan to head down east of the Cascades with our fist stop to be Baker City, Oregon.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Should be a nice ride. I have gone from California to Oregon along the coast route and it's a great time.

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
Have a safe fun ride. Maybe when you get back the weather will be better and we can meet up for lunch.
From the Northwest Corner
Ron

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Larry, do take the coast highway home if you can, it's beautiful! It's one of those rides that I really want to do again. A real plus in your favour is the timing, should be less zoomers in cages during your time frame. We ran it in mid September and it was far less conjested with the summer traffic not there. It's still a busy road, but far more enjoyable when it's quiet. Have a great trip! Pics for us still snow-bound shut-ins PLS!

·
Premium Member
23,767 Posts
This is a big change of plan, and one I'm sure you won't regret. Will you have a way to give us updates on your where a bout's ? What is your " anticipated " route so far ?

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I will be setting our initial goals this weekend and I would post them on here. I am taking a laptop and we will post from time to time our whereabouts and future destination.

Tuesday, the first leg of the trip will be from Seattle to Baker City, Oregon. 400 miles. Camping or hotel will depend on mood and weather conditions.

After Phoenix and visiting as much of Arizona as possible, I would like to end up in Northern California and riding 1 and 101 up the coast through Oregon and then home. That will depend on the weather conditions of the coast line around the end of the month. It is a bit too early to tell what that will shape up to. Ideally, I would like to spend three days riding from California to Seattle on the Pacific Coast Highway.

This is a trip about relaxing and just staying in the moment and enjoying each and every day for what it brings.

·
Premium Member
23,767 Posts
Good news from you , Larry. I, on the other hand, found out yesterday that the Honda Dealer from where I had hoped to rent my Wing has them all booked through the month of April. I might have to down grade to an Ultra-Glide again. Bummer.

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good news from you , Larry. I, on the other hand, found out yesterday that the Honda Dealer from where I had hoped to rent my Wing has them all booked through the month of April. I might have to down grade to an Ultra-Glide again. Bummer.
Do you need some pirate gear?

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Weather forecast is changing here for 100% change of rain and snow for Tuesday. I apologize to everyone in the Puget Sound Region for planning an outdoor event which is always met by a fierce storm.

We will leave on Wednesday, which the weather forecast calls for clear skies.

·
Super Moderator
14,411 Posts
Hoping for good weather for you. Look forward to hearing about your trip.

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
We spent the first night in Mountain Home, Idaho at a dive motel.
Then we did a marathon run and go into Las Vegas and spent another night in a dive motel. Second day was 750 miles. We had the buffet breakfast at Mandalay Bay, a Four Seasons Hotel. Very nice place indeed. We were in the dump across the street.

We rode down to Kingman and are in a KOA last night.

It was cold last night. must of been in the low 30's. I had my buddy heater in the tent.... and we used that to heat up the tent to get dressed this morning.

We ate breakfast at Mr. D's on Route 66 this morning. We are heading into Phoenix this morning on the motorcycle. We are debating if we are staying in another KOA or hotel in the Phoenix area tonight.

Going to the Mariner's evening baseball game tonight at 7:05.

Sedona tomorrow. Grand Canyon on Sunday. The weather here is mid 70's during the day, but at night, it gets very cold.

I am taking pictures but I forgot my little camera adapter to put those onto the laptop, so that will have to wait.

Bike is running smooth.

We are meeting up with a couple from Washington DC area on Wednesday and Thursday of next week for an over night ride. They are renting Harley's and I am sure they brought their pirate uniforms along.

Bikes every where down here.

·
Premium Member
23,767 Posts
You made it!!!!!!! And you beat me to Phoenix. I knew you could do it. Your meeting up with a couple from Washington D.C . ? That's ironic. If you would have waited another week you would have been meeting up with me from the D.C. area and I'll be renting a Harley from Arrowhead Harley in Peoria across the street from the Mariner's Stadium. Talk about a parallel universe. Ride on Larry. It's a bit of a backtrack from Phoenix, but if not in a hurry to get to Sedona, go back west to Wickenburg and take 89 up through Prescott, Jerome and Cottonwood to Sedona. Or zip up there and take that way back. Remember to try and travel facing west in the morning and east in the late afternoon.. That sun is a eye blinder.

·
Super Moderator
14,411 Posts
Sweet! Good to hear you are having a good trip. Keep the news coming.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts