Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from a two week vacation. My wife and I rode from Eustis, FL to Ketchum, OK first for a family reunion. We started out on a Monday morning pulling my Time Out camper behind my 99 Goldwing and was pretty well loaded. I Mapquested the trip and followed the directions. They had me get on US 78 out of Birmingham and it went all the way to Memphis. The highway isn't too bad but goes through many towns that have stoplights. My clutch got a real workout!! I guess it is a pretty new highway in parts and there weren't too many gas stations or hotels at exits. We finally found a motel for the first night at Hamilton, AL. The next day we got up and went on. When we got almost to Fort Smith, AR we got on I-540 N. That is a pretty road but again not many gas stations at exits or hotels. We went on to Ketchum, got there about 11:00 PM and set up the camper. We stayed the rest of the week at Cherokee State Park at Grand River Dam. The Time Out camper with the A/C was awesome!

The next Sunday we headed to Hot Springs, AR to spend the week at Lake Catherine State Park. It was an easy day's ride and took us down Highway 7 from Russellville to Hot Springs. Wow, that was a fun and pretty ride!! Had fun sightseeing around Hot Springs that week and enjoying Lake Catherine. That Friday morning we headed back to Florida and had a good ride through the AR countryside down to LA where we got on I-20.

The whole two weeks we didn't have to ride more than 20 miles in the rain and didn't have any problems. Wish I had a dollar for every thumbs up we got on the road and everyone who cruised through the campgrounds and stared at our trailer. I had many people ask me about the Time Out camper and probably sold a few. Maybe I'll become a dealer!

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Congrats on your safe trip. Two weeks... Your getting into Fossil92 riding time territory. It's always a good vacation on a Wing. Ride safe..

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Sounds like a great trip Gary, glad everything went well. You've got my curiousity up about your camper, got any pictures.

·
Super Moderator
14,423 Posts
Sounds like a great trip. We’ve been thinking about heading over to Hot Springs for a long weekend. My wife’s idea of roughing it is a cabin without a television.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts