Honda Goldwing Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
All you fans of twisty roads....check out California state route 130 between Patterson and San Jose. Unreal.....especially the section around Mt. Hamilton...makes the Dragon look like I-10.

The scenery is quite lovely in the spring...if you can take your eyes off the road long enough!
I rode Tail of the dragon yesterday, at 48° air temp. Rode Beartooth pass in August. Rode Mt Hamilton back in the 80s. I think they said 365 curves, one for each day of the year. Ride safe.

·
Registered
2 Posts
All you fans of twisty roads....check out California state route 130 between Patterson and San Jose. Unreal.....especially the section around Mt. Hamilton...makes the Dragon look like I-10.

The scenery is quite lovely in the spring...if you can take your eyes off the road long enough!
I have ridden that road several times. If you’re ever in that area it’s a must ride. I lived in So Cal for 55 years now in northeast Ohio. Sure miss the Ca twisties.

·
Registered
2006 GL1800 2003 Escapade trailer
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I have ridden that road several times. If you’re ever in that area it’s a must ride. I lived in So Cal for 55 years now in northeast Ohio. Sure miss the Ca twisties.
My dad's family is from Upper Arlington, Ohio. You are correct on the roads out here....too many to even count.

·
Registered
4 Posts

Yep, spent a lot of time in that area and the Samta Cruz mountains. First time I took my wife on the NC “Dragon” my wife asked at the end when were we getting to the “Dragon” .

·
Registered
311 Posts
I am envious of all of you that live in areas of North America with twisty roads and elevation changes! Living here in Edmonton in the middle of the Alberta prairies, we have mostly straight roads and very little in the way of elevation changes. Oh sure, there are some areas that are fun to ride, but they are few and far between. My best bet is to ride to BC, about 4 hours of riding the slab until I come to the foothills and Rocky Mountains! :)

·
Registered
2008 GL1800 HPNA in Challenger Brown Metallic
38 Posts
Plenty of scenic twisty roads in CT. I ride my Wing way more aggressively than most, with the suspension dialed up to "6" for just me. I've scraped foot pegs more than once. When the wife is aboard I set it to "12" and ride much gentler. The manual says normal setting for driver only and no cargo is "0" but it seems too mushy for my taste.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I rode the Dragon once............ I learned how to ride a trike, on that road......I was told to either steer it, or crash it.................. I still have the trike so I must have done good........:ROFLMAO:

Ronnie
11/17/21

21 - 31 of 31 Posts