Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

turning lites question

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  joe in calif 
#1 ·
I have a '95 GW Aspy. My turning or cornering lites are wired to a switch with the power comming from OEM power take-off under the left front left pocket. These are not the turn signal lites I'm talking about.
Are turning lites stock with an '95 Aspy?
When do they normally come on: lite?
I was wondering why they were wired this way.
I thought there might be stock relays somewhere under the fairings.

#2 ·
#3 ·
They are NOT stock on the aspencade, only the SE, they are wired as cornering lights on the SE. they come on when you turn on your signals and go off when the signals go off. In 98 Honda started making them running light where they are on all the time, but they are only original equipment on the SE models. That being said, many have added them to the aspencade, depending on how they wired them up they can be either cornering lights or running lights. most put them on a separate switch but Honda had the plug and play in the wire harness if you wished to add them as running lights.

#6 ·
The SE had chrome molding around the lights, the after market kits had black rubber molding, you could buy the chrome ones from Honda to add to the after market lites but they are very expensive, about $37.00 each.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.