Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reassembling a 1990 model GL1500 after complete repaint. It was disassembled prior to me getting my hands on it. It is all reassembled and everything works except turn signals. Hazard flashers work and indicators on instrument panel work. I swapped the turn signal relay with the hazard relay and hazards still work. I swapped the relay in the side panel with the brake relay, and everything still works. Still no turn signals. Turn indicator lights on instrument cluster do not even come on. Fuses OK.

I completely diassembled the left and right side of the fairing to check all connectors, making sure I did not miss anything. All ok.

All other switches on the left handlebar controls work. Bike has a new triple tree because it was triked. If the turn signal cancelling switch is not plugged in, will it cause the turn signals to not work?

I am leaning towards the switch.

HELP!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No Turn Signals

GL1500. No turn signals. Hazard flashers work. All other lights work. All relays and fuses checked. All other switches on left handlebar work.

HELP!

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
ok,

Revisited this with the boss and she says my problem was head light didn't work. Confusing because everything else worked but that and one other light. But electrical all checked out good.
Turned out to be a 3rd buried connector, right side fairing. Everything else worked right and confusing as heck.
I would take a hard look for a male/felmale connector somewhere on the manual and or bike.
It is easy for a wiring connector to get hung up and left behind on reassembly.
I bet there is one that was overlooked.
Just a thought but only a suggestion.

Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
7,661 Posts
I'm wondering if the turn signal cancel unit isn't bad or if a wire or two didn't get pinched when the trees were changed out.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Problem Found

Sorry I never posted a reply. After two days of searching, I found the problem.

There's a set of wires indie the steering head that go the the switch that automatically turns off the turn signals. All the copper strands of the ground wire were broken within the insulation. The insulation was NOT broken.

Spliced in new wire. Problem solved.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts