Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I am working on a 2002 goldwing gl1800 and the turn signals are not working at all. Hazard flashers are working fine. Turn signals won't light up or flash. My friend told me they were worked intermittently at first and then they quit all together. I checked fuses, relay and cleaned switch. Checked power coming in to switch and it has power. When flashers are on I can hear clicking behind instrament cluster. Have nothing on Turn signals. Any help would be appreciated thank you.

·
Registered
228 Posts
They do not light up at all. Only the hazards work
If you select the left side, does the left side running/position light in the mirror go out? The turn signal switch activates the cancel unit and the cancel unit activates the flasher. The flasher is good or the hazards would be dead too. The little green connector at the top of the steering stem can get a bad connection and the cancel unit in the stem won’t work.

·
Registered
228 Posts
No the light does not turn off when you activate the turn signal
Ok, so that means the cancel unit is not activating or there’s an issue with its circuits. You will need to examine the little green connector at the top of the steering stem to see if it’s loose, unplugged, damaged, or has corrosion in it. Then check for power on the white/green wire at it with the key on. If the power is good, check the continuity to ground on the solid green wire. If that’s good, then check the pink wire from the turn signal switch to see if it has good continuity to ground when the turn signal switch is pushed left or right. If that checks good, then check the voltage on the blue/black wire with the key on and the turn signal switch pushed left or right. It should read close to 0V. Make sure the light green wire is not grounded. Let me know what you find.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts