Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a nearly new 2010 GL1800. I am really happy with it, but the rear turn signals are lacking. Do any of you know how to do the turn signal mod seen in two videos on Youtube that makes the outer trunk lights work as running/turn lights? Thanks in advance for any help you can give.
unclebill
2010 GL1800

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have a nearly new 2010 GL1800. I am really happy with it, but the rear turn signals are lacking. Do any of you know how to do the turn signal mod seen in two videos on Youtube that makes the outer trunk lights work as running/turn lights? Thanks in advance for any help you can give.
unclebill
2010 GL1800
Bill,
WELCOME !!!
I am new here as well, and want to do the same thing. I have seen some jumper 'kits' from Kuryakyn, and Electrical Connection on Ebay and am sure WINGSTUFF sells them. Ebay units are $15-20 for plug and play. There is also someone with a little jumper that you have to splice or solder in for $10 plus about $5 shipping on ebay.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input, McToy! I'll check out Ebay and Wingstuff to see if what they have is suitable.
Anyone else? I welcome your suggestions!
unclebill
2010 GL1800

·
Super Moderator
7,661 Posts
You'd have to have a wiring schematic for the bike in order to do this. There are two bulbs on each side of the trunk and you want one to work as a turn signal, they only way I can see doing it is to find the wire for the single outside light and remove the brake light function from just that one and tap into the lower turn signal and bring the wire up to the disconnected fixture. That's a way I can see doing it.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Welcome unclebill. See the group's already offering up some info for ya!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
turn signal mod?

Thanks everyone! Wingstuff has two kits. One is "plug-n-play" and makes the outer trunk lights work as running/turn lights, and takes an hour or so to install. The other makes all the trunk lights work as running/brake/turn lights, but requires cutting, splicing, etc. and is a lot more work to install. I'm goimg with the first kit for $34.99!
Thanks again
unclebill
2010 GL1800

·
Super Moderator
9,844 Posts
Wise choice. Any time you can do a "plug and play" its much safer and better in the long run. No worry about wires failing that have been spliced together.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi, Guys!
I forgot about this thread for a long time, but I thought I'd let you know that the 'plug n play' harness from Wingstuff worked just fine.
Since I installed it, no one has ever again said "I didn't see your turn signal " like they used to.
Be safe!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts