Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 and the turn signal cancels after 10 flashes. Is there a way to reprogram so it will stay on longer?

·
Super Moderator
9,844 Posts
I believe the turn signals are set for a certain number of repetitions, travel distance and bank angle when you lean into a turn. I don't believe they are programmable.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I spent some time researching for a solution but never found anything usable. The answer was always no
Just push it a couple of times.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Like mentioned already the cancellation is speed and bank angle sensitive. The slower/straighter you are going the longer the signals last

·
Registered
124 Posts
I am pretty sure it is distance plus a time, movement factor. When you turn them on close to a stop, they will blink all day if you don't ride too far.

I just am in the habit now of hitting the turn button several times if I use them far from a turn as you should at high speeds in the country!

·
Registered
15 Posts
After I first picked up my Goldwing, I felt the same that it could stay on longer to give anyone behind me plenty of time to know I'm turning. Now, I just hit the button a second time as I approach the turn.

·
Registered
157 Posts
It really isn't important why it does it but that it does it.
There are only a few things my 2010 gw doesn't or does do I do not like. This is 1 of them.
No Vox control for the intercom is another

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Like mentioned already the cancellation is speed and bank angle sensitive. The slower/straighter you are going the longer the signals last
Different slant(no pun intended!).
Since I ride a trike, I'm fairly sure the bank angle sensor has nothing to do w/signal timing:)

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everybody.

Yes it is speed related and if stopped waiting to turn it will flash all of 15 times. I like to turn on the signal a full block before I turn so I will just have to get into the habit of turning it on and on and on and on.

Dirtdobber I wish it had VOX also. I also wish you could turn the NAV on while moving. I don't care and it makes sense that all the other buttons deactivate but the "on" button for the NAV should have been on the handle bar controls.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts