Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question about the Turn Signal Cancel Unit on a GL1500. My turn signals are working some times, some not. I have pulled the cancel unit out of the steering stem where I can turn the switch left and right. I can get the signals to flash and then turn the switch back and forth. Most of the time it keeps flashing. Sometimes, not always, when I get it all the way to one side or the other, the signals will stop. Sometimes when I move it back toward the middle, signals will come back on. Shouldn't they stay off until I repush the handle bar switch? I think the unit is shot. I have a new left handlebar switch on it. My question is, how is this unit supposed to work? Is it supposed to go all the way to one side and then back to middle to cancel the blinkers, or what?
If I was to put the unit back in the steering stem and move the switch to the middle and then remove the arm that causes the switch to move, will the signals still cancel because of the speedo? Or will I just have to push the cancel on the handlebar.
Thanks for any help

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
from my understanding the unit works by time or distance

1 - 2 of 2 Posts