Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is indeed a newb question, by a newb to GW's....:confused:
Can you turn "off" the radio, or is it essentially always "on" with the audio going to speaker or to headset ??? Curious as I always have one or the other icon on my screen. Or is this normal? (PS: 2010 model)
Thanks!
Mike - mctoy

·
Super Moderator
11,800 Posts
Disconnect the battery, that will shut it off!

:D :D

Seriously, one of the members with an 1800 I'm sure will chime in and help. :eek:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AHA !!! Great thanks fellas!
So, I assume (?) that this is true of all the functions...Navi etc?

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
AHA !!! Great thanks fellas!
So, I assume (?) that this is true of all the functions...Navi etc?
Not quite! The Nav button on the button cluster serves 3 funtions. It will switch Nav from speakers to headset or no sound if the button is held down.
Once you have initiated the Nav w/the left button marked disp, below the screen and pushed the button on the Nav panel in front of your right knee, the Nav is on until the ignition is turned off. However you can "run" throught the different "screens" by pushing the left button below the screen: No Nav showing, Nav only showing, lower portion showing mileage info w/Nav showing.

Did you get an owners manual and a Nav manual w/the bike? If you bought the bike new, the dealer should have provided these to you.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Newb...

Thanks fellas...Yes I DID get manuals, but have only just got started on reading them. Heck the Navi one is a couple hundred pages by itself !!! Only had opportunity to ride a few times (Rain-work) to get some hands-on experience playing with all this new stuff. If THIS question caused heartburn, just wait till I start asking about MP3 and IPODs and such! :eek: I am completely lost on this stuff, but realize it would be a great way to carry 1000's of tunes with you.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Newb

Thanks 'DAWG !!!
Seems everything they make gets high marks from users. Will DEFINITELY look at thier CB before going/paying OEM. Re: MP3 and such...I can buy the equipment, but literally do not know ANYTHING about downloading (?) music. (This from a regular weekend working bass player) Do you buy albums or individual songs etc...LOTs to learn! We'll get it figured out ! Hope I can contribute here someday to others...Any VTX questions? LOL
PS...Originally from Columbus (Actually Hope) Indiana .

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Thanks 'DAWG !!!
Seems everything they make gets high marks from users. Will DEFINITELY look at their CB before going/paying OEM. Re: MP3 and such...I can buy the equipment, but literally do not know ANYTHING about downloading (?) music. (This from a regular weekend working bass player) Do you buy albums or individual songs etc...LOTs to learn! We'll get it figured out ! Hope I can contribute here someday to others...Any VTX questions? LOL
PS...Originally from Columbus (Actually Hope) Indiana .
You can "buy" both from sources like Itunes, you can down load CD's or individual songs from CD's onto you computer then from there to the SD disc for the player.
We'll get you educated as you acquire "needs" for your Wing!

·
Registered
45 Posts
You can also download from you tube.Find the song you want..
copy and paste the web addy. go to http://www.convertfiles.com/

click down load from, paste web addy.
then output info.click extracted audio only.
Then convert and save to music files.
When you have enough music to burn a CD.. your ready to go.
Now that don't sound hard does it...LOL...
Took my awhile to get it done. (w/20 yr. daug. help) LOL

Steve

·
Banned
74 Posts
This is indeed a newb question, by a newb to GW's....:confused:
Can you turn "off" the radio, or is it essentially always "on" with the audio going to speaker or to headset ??? Curious as I always have one or the other icon on my screen. Or is this normal? (PS: 2010 model)
Thanks!
Mike - mctoy
Not 100% sure what your asking...but if I think I understand it right..you want to know how to turn the radio off. Just push and HOLD the audio botton down....it should go OFF. If you just press it, it will toggle between speaker and head set. Same with NAV...if you have it....by holding it down for a few seconds....it will switch it off. I hope that I have answered your question....that is if I understood it right.

·
Banned
74 Posts
I'm not sure about a 2010, but on my 2003, if I hold the audio button down, it will go off.
I have a 2010....it works the same....just hold the audio botton down for a few seconds....and it goes OFF. Same with the NAV too....for those that have it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts