Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone know where I can buy the Turn Down Tips for a 1500
GoldWing? Like the ones on the 1800. Single turndown for 2000 SE

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
There aren't a lot of choices for the 1500's. I don't think you can get the ones like the 1800's have, it's a different set up on the mufflers but you can get these
http://www.directlineparts.com/product.asp?pid=9113&str=9

Another thing you can do is take off the stock tips and check an auto parts store for some tips there that have the same diameter.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Super Moderator
7,669 Posts
Found a set of what you are looking for they fit 1988 to 1997 GL-1500's. I saw them on Chromeworld's website www.chromeworld.com, part number 6055 triple turn down exhaust tips.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Found a set of what you are looking for they fit 1988 to 1997 GL-1500's. I saw them on Chromeworld's website www.chromeworld.com, part number 6055 triple turn down exhaust tips.
Thats the same one that I posted, I think he is looking for the ones like on the 1800, but no one makes them for the 1500's.

·
Super Moderator
7,669 Posts
if the mufflers are rusted out purchase a set of OEM mufflers with the turned down end. I thought he wanted the fancy set with the three tips, my mistake. :eek:

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
You could be right and I could be wrong, we will have to wait to see if he posts a reply. Don't you just hate it when someone starts a post and then never finishes it!!!:mad: :(

·
Super Moderator
7,669 Posts
joe in calif
Well, bobby is a newbie, maybe he joined to look for advice. This may even be his first Wing too.
I agree, he should at least post a comment on if he found some type of end cap or made a modification.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
joe in calif
Well, bobby is a newbie, maybe he joined to look for advice. This may even be his first Wing too.
I agree, he should at least post a comment on if he found some type of end cap or made a modification.
NOT my first Wing..Still looking....Bike is a 2000 SE. I am going to a muffler shop and try having a set made. I want a single turndown.I drive a truck and don't have a lot of time for the computer.
THANKS EVERYONE FOR THE HELP.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Hope you find what your looking for

1 - 10 of 10 Posts