Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased the tunnel fillers about 4,000 miles ago on my 2010 wing and I am having a small problem keeping them in there place. As I am turning and riding around after a few minutes they have a tendancy to ball up...I have taken them in and out on several occassions now and they just keep on doing this...

tunnel filler

http://cyclemax.com/inc/sdetail/76/16936

Has anybody had any issues with this, and know how to make adjustments

·
Super Moderator
9,870 Posts
I've never used them but have wondered how they would work. Maybe someone will chime in here with a solution. A though would be if they "ball" up perhaps if you covered one side with something like tape that would help them keep their shape. The problem is if that does not work you may render them useless.

Hope someone has a better solution..

·
Administrator
26,225 Posts
I wonder if they are different than yours chopin? Was thinking about giving them a try so....:confused:

·
Registered
124 Posts
I remember reading on this or some other GW forum that it makes a difference how far in you mount them, and you can get them backwards easily. Have you tried moving them around etc?

Also, are your cables run in the stock location. A lot of us have so many mods (handlebar risers, accessory wires/cables etc) that things aren't where they were when new anymore?

I am curious though since I don't have these, do they really block much air from getting to the rider? I try to ride in winter as much as possible, and have been thinking of trying them.

·
Premium Member
23,763 Posts
I remember reading on this or some other GW forum that it makes a difference how far in you mount them, and you can get them backwards easily. Have you tried moving them around etc?

Also, are your cables run in the stock location. A lot of us have some many mods (hanldbar risers, accessory wires/cables etc) that things aren't where they were when new anymore?

I am curious though since I don't have these, do they really block much air from getting to the rider? I try to ride in winter as much as possible, and have been thinking of trying them.
They are now a staple of my riding experience. When these peter out I will replace them. I gave a pair to one of my riding buddies and he put them in and then took them out. I'm not sure why, but it's his bike and his ride. You are correct that they can " fit " in both ways. The only way to tell it's the wrong way is when you turn the handlebars to the extreme left or right the inserts don't reset themselves properly. Think about it right now I can't recall if the slender end goes forward ( from the riders view )?????? Methinks perhaps so because the max compression point is when the bars are fully turned.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts