Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys and girls! I'm a newb from GA. Never had a gold Wing before in my life until about 2 weeks ago. Now I'm a proud owner of brand spanking new 2012 Wing. If I say that I'm afraid of it ... it would be the understatement. But I should overcome!!! Just ordered a new seat with a backrest and few other toys. Already installed highway pegs by some "famous" brand.(not going to advertise here any to be fair to all)
So.. I just stopped here to say Hello, and hope to find help here when I need it, and offer my to someone in need.
Ralph

·
Super Moderator
7,617 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Congrats on the 2012 Wing.
Once you get used to the bike you'll find out it handles well and you'll wonder why you didn't buy one sooner.

·
Premium Member
11,298 Posts
Congratulations on your new wing and welcome to GWOF from Down Under. Practice the low speed car park type stuff and the sudden stops. After awhile you will be riding it like a sports bike.

·
Administrator
29,085 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF from Pa. Enjoy the new ride & be sure to share a picture of the bike.

·
Super Moderator
15,178 Posts
hello madrussian, welcome to GWOF and congrats on the purchase of your new wing

·
Premium Member
7,116 Posts
Hello Ralph, Welcome from next door in the Heart of Dixie. Just know that FEAR is a GOOD thing. Keeps your attention....

·
Super Moderator
10,063 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new Wing. Enjoy the forum and ride safe...

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you all for a warm welcome to the forum! I got a quick question: what is a top speed of the GL1800? Not that I'm going to explore it on my own. Just wonder. And what oil should I use in the summer with average temps of 95 F? 20-50 or 10-40 (2012 goldwing)

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Thank you all for a warm welcome to the forum! I got a quick question: what is a top speed of the GL1800? Not that I'm going to explore it on my own. Just wonder. And what oil should I use in the summer with average temps of 95 F? 20-50 or 10-40 (2012 goldwing)
Had my '06 to 135mph just to see what it could do. Little if any throttle left. Here in California we also get hot summers. I always use what Honda suggests for oil.

·
Registered
6,712 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania. Enjoy that new Wing.

·
Super Moderator
12,308 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I believe the 'heaviest' oil recommended by Honda is 10-40.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks guys, but it's too late. I have already replaced the oil and a filter. And you both were right: 10-40 is the heaviest oil from the owners manual. But, it should not hurt it ether. It is a Honda oil, Honda filter and Honda dealership. And I got the receipt to show if anything goes wrong. (plus 7 years bumper to bumper warranty from Honda Care)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts