Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
turn the key to the LEFT and it should pop open, if that doesn't open it than try this.
You need a wire coat hanger or length pf brazing rod, hooked at one end. if you insert it between the 3 latch levers under the trunk and up you will be able to hook the long bar that runs across (about 3 or 4 inches up) and pull it down. Usually takes quite a few attempts to get it. The middle picture shows the bar that you need to pull down So you need to get your coat hanger up through the gap and turn the hook around (facing the back of the bike) and pull the long bar down. It isn't too easy but you will get it done.
Once you get it open you can attach a long wire tie or a piece of string to the bar and let it hand down by the release latches incase it happens again

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks
That Was A Lot Of Help
The Man I Got It From
Took The Inside Panel Off
And Did Not Hook The Bar Back Up When He Put It Back On
But I Got It

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Well tell us how you got it opened

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I DID WHAT YOU SAID :confused:
I SAID IT WAS A LOT OF HELP
AFTER LOOKING AT THE PIC I REALIZED
THAT THE BAR WAS CLOSE TO THE BACK OF THE BOX SO I MADE MY HOOK LONGER
AND LIKE YOU SAID POP IT OPENED :) :) :)
THANKS FOR THE HELP
IF YOU EVER GET TO NORTH WEST ARKANSAS
WE HAVE BIKES BLUES AND BBQ HERE IN LAST OF SEPT.
ONLY 85000 BIKERS SHOWED UP LAST YEAR
AND NOW BIKES BABES AND BLING IN JUNE OR JULY NO SURE
I HAVE A BIKER LEATHER STORE IN TONTITOWN
STOP IN AND I WILL BUY YOU A PERSI

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Glad you got it opened. You said
ONLY 85000 BIKERS SHOWED UP LAST YEAR
That's alot of bikes, how long does it run? Sounds like a lot of fun.
We used to travel a lot during September but since my other half had a back injury and can't ride anymore I usually don't get away for very long anymore without her. But thanks for the pepsi offer, if I get back there I'll look you up.

·
Registered
449 Posts
It's alittle ralley that started 10 years ago here in Arkansas Joe.
This years dates are September 29 thru October 2nd.
Start trying to reserve yourself a room NOW if you plan to attend.
Otherwise the closest rooms could be 25 miles away.
I've gone the last 5 years myself and can't believe how much it has grown in that period of time.
The city of Fayettville, AR (home of the RAZORBACKS) basically donates the city to bikers. Some streets are even shut down to everything thats not a bike.
It's a must see thing for sure.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Bikes, Babes & Bling coming to Fayetteville in July, 2010
November 17, 2009 2:07 pm · By Dustin · 125 Comments
If you’re a fan of the annual Bikes, Blues & BBQ rally on Dickson St., you probably popped a wheelie at last week’s announcement that a sister rally called Bikes, Babes and Bling is coming to Fayetteville for the first time next year.

If you’re not a fan, there’s probably smoke coming from your ears.

Either way, the Fayetteville A&P awarded $20,000 to the fledgeling rally last week which is scheduled to roll into town July 15-17, 2010.

Like Bikes, Blues and BBQ, the new rally will be a non-profit event. Organizers are hoping that the festival will raise money for local charities that aid women and children, and that it will attract tourists to town during a slow summer season.

“We believe this will provide a significant impact to Fayetteville by bringing visitors into the area that will stay in our hotels and enjoy our restaurants during what would normally be a slow time of the year,” said Coleson Burns, Event Director for Bikes, Babes & Bling in a press release.

Bikes, Babes & Bling is said to be the South’s first motorcycle rally that caters specifically to women riders. There is another women’s rally called The Mid-Atlantic Women’s Motorcycle Rally held annually in Crownsville, Maryland that raises money for the Susan G. Komen Foundation.

“This is an exciting new endeavor for Bikes, Blues & BBQ. In the past five years, there has been significant growth – approximately 35% – in the market of female motorcycle riders. Since the majority of the nation’s rallies are tailored for the male biker, we feel that we can and should offer an experience that caters to women,” said Allyson Twiggs Dyer, board member for Bikes, Blues & BBQ, and director of the Fayetteville Visitors Bureau.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts