Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was going to put in a matching lock to my others, switched ignition but lock I had didn't fit there. Brushed off the dust and dirt, lubed it, and closed it back up. Now is locked shut. Think I know what I moved in there but can't get back in. Is there a way to open the trunk? Am thinking, hoping, if I remove bottom cover I can get at it. Am I right?:confused:

·
Registered
263 Posts
Manual has it

I don't have my manual with me but, having read it more than once, I know the answer is there for you. If not, I'm sure someone on this forum will come up with your answer.

Sorry for the non-answer answer.

·
Super Moderator
9,854 Posts
What year Wing??

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Once more Joe to the rescue!

·
Registered
33 Posts
trunk unlatch

on the 1800 I used the coat hanger. I used 7 inch for the long straight. I then took a piece of small cable and ran it from the bar down under the trunk and forward to a location behind a side cover. Easy to pop openand hidden.

·
Registered
33 Posts
trunk unlatch

on the 1800 I used the coat hanger. I used 7 inch for the long straight. I then took a piece of small cable and ran it from the bar down under the trunk and forward to a location behind a side cover. Easy to pop open and hidden.

·
Premium Member
17,146 Posts
Remove the cover on the bottom of the trunk and if you crank your neck around enough you'll see the latch bar/rod hook it and pull it down and the trunk should open. also I put a ty-rap on the bar/rod and tucked up inside., where i can reach it with out removing the bottom panel. If I ever loose a key or some how lock the key in the trunk I can at least get into with out tools.
From the Northwest Corner.
Ron

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had the same problem, after changing the rear tire, and I now got the trunk open, but....

the clip that the bar is supposed to go under, so that the lock will work normally, is not cooperating. The plastic clip will not stay attached to the lock mechanism. The smal tab is worn out.
I went to the local Honda dealer, and the clip cannot be ordered by itself. It looks like I would need to order the entire lock mechanism, which is priced > $100.

Does anyone know where I can get just the plastic clip?

1994 SE

1 - 11 of 11 Posts