Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else have a problem with the inner sides of the trunk link rubbing against the trunk bottom and wearing? It is not a big thing but it bothers me. I looked at the mini bumper rubbers that you can buy at Wingstuff but I can't see how they would work witout interfering with the rubber weatherstripping.:confused:
Has anyone else come up with a solution or am I too fussy?

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Some folks have used this product:

http://wingriderproducts.com/index.html

Others have taken a less expensive approach and inserted fish tank air tubing into the rubber molding on the trunk lid. If I find some pics of that I'll post.

·
Super Moderator
14,419 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
Rapier and I were pointing that out a few weeks ago. I like the solution Crownfire pointed us to. When Rapier gets back from Oregon, we will be finishing my trunk brake light modification and no doubt add the hose line to the rubber seal.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I did the rubber tubing on my 02 but on my 08 I used Velcro, I used the soft side and applied it as shown in the pictures.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
I did the rubber tubing on my 02 but on my 08 I used Velcro, I used the soft side and applied it as shown in the pictures.
Rapier brought up the idea of Velcro pads also. I wonder where he got that idea from? P.S. joe: The Honda dealer is ordering me a new trunk light assembly. Since they didn't ask for any payment in advance I am to assume it is covered by the Honda Warranty.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I think most dealers know about the problem with the tail light assemblies. If you haven't yet you should check the lights in the saddle bags and make sure the acorn nuts on those aren't stuck either.

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
Radar. The Baby Buggy Bumpers are probably an optional fix for that problem. Sometimes, however, it's fun to be creative and think outside the trunk. The trunk tail light assembly issue we are talking about stems from a light modification . Here is a thread I posted back on June 16th. http://www.goldwingowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4081&highlight=Trunk+Tail+Light+Modification

1 - 9 of 9 Posts