Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know how to defeat the lid ajar message so it will not continually appear on the dash screen?

·
Super Moderator
28,451 Posts
Don't have one on my 1500. I assume that they are on 1800's only but I would think it should be an adjustment somewhat like a brake pedal switch on a car. Check out this website they have manuals that you can download that may help.

http://www.goldwingworld.com/pages/Downloads.htm

By the way greetings & enjoy the site.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
i think he is talking about a honda car so maybe someone on the forum has a honda car that can help him once he tells what model and year it is

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
If you are talking about the lid ajar light on an 08 GW there is actually a fault with it and if you take it in to a dealership they will replace the latch. This is usually on the left side. If you are talking about a cage(car) like most things I do not have a clue.

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
I went the other way and assumed he was talking about a Gold Wing. If the lid is not actually loose or not closing properly then the problem is probably in the swithch. If the bike is still under warranty the dealer will replace it. If not order the switch and replace it on your own. If the lid is loose adjust the latch and that should turn off the message.. Good luck and ride safe.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
I've talked to a couple dealers and they both told me that the latch warning message/closure sensor was problematic, but offered no solution other than making sure it was properly closed. Mine is usually on the rh saddlebag. I think the 08's and prior were the worst from what I've heard. If mine flashes I just stop, pop the latch and reclose the lid with firm pressure from both hands, I never slam it shut. Seems to work for me. The one thing I have noticed is the latches locking without me activating the key fob. Not a problem if it locks, but I'm a bit concerned that it may unlock itself sometime. Anybody else have this happen?

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
The one thing I have noticed is the latches locking without me activating the key fob. Not a problem if it locks, but I'm a bit concerned that it may unlock itself sometime. Anybody else have this happen?
I've noticed that also, but I think it happens when you hit the unlatch button not the unlock button. The unlatch pops the trunk lid, the unlock unlocks everything and you have to open the compartments using the latch under the trunk. Give it a try and see if it makes a difference.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hatch open message

My '02 does this on all of the three bags occasionally. I just give them a good bump with my closed fist. This has always worked for me.

·
Registered
57 Posts
My 2009 AD does that ocasionally but I open it close it firmly and it goes away. The LH saddle bag is the worst. There must be an adjustment somewhere

·
Registered
57 Posts
I just checked the service manual and there appears to be two "open" warning switches for the trunk. The diagram also shows (not very clearly) a button switch for the saddlebags that is in behind the latching mechanism. If not adjustable but it looks like a blob of tape or silicone on the pressure switch would move it more and make better contact.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts