Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok .. I can already see that these will turn into the kitchen junk drawer if I dont take care of it now.

How is everyone organizing their trunks. I see a few items out there. ... kind of thing you have to buy before you know if its worth it or not.

So trying to pick some brains. I dont like the bags .. I want to open the compartments and have everything easily available.

Not too worried about putting helmets in the truck with the Helmet holders being on the bottom side of the trunk.

Thanks again in advance.

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
I have a cargo net in the center trunk, and wrap my moto tools along with a tire gauge in hand towels to keep them quiet and protect the glass on the gauge. The hand towels do double duty at gas stops if I need to wipe bugs off the windshield. I don't use bags except on long trips when I'm staying overnight. Having my stuff bagged makes it easier to take it into the Motel. I also added a luggage rack which I use with a luggage bag on overnight trips when swmbo is along.

·
Super Moderator
28,452 Posts
Use the Trunk lid organizer only, but works great. Never had any ones that go inside the trunk or sidebags.

As always this is just one Ole Fossil's opinion.

·
Premium Member
1,922 Posts
i have a trunk lid organizer on the 1500, looks sorta like this ... http://wingstuff.com/pgroup_detail/...1800/678_goldwing_trunk_accessory/des/?page=1
I have on as well and it looks very much like that. I put my cell phone and wallet it in along with a pen an paper. I put other odds and ends while on a trip in it. It does however make putting helmets in the trunk a bit harder to close the lid. That is the only negative I can list. I dont think I would miss it if I took it out. My insurance and other stuff is where the CD player would be.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
I have liner bags and a trunk bag for trips either one or two-up. I would have the saddle bag lid organizers if Honda hadn't discontinued them; Wingstuff has them but I'm not commenting on them.

·
Super Moderator
15,241 Posts
I have on as well and it looks very much like that. I put my cell phone and wallet it in along with a pen an paper. I put other odds and ends while on a trip in it. It does however make putting helmets in the trunk a bit harder to close the lid. That is the only negative I can list. I dont think I would miss it if I took it out. My insurance and other stuff is where the CD player would be.
i don't have a problem putting my ff helmet in the trunk with the organizer, i guess the 1500 trunk might be a bit taller than an 1800 trunk. i plan on getting the trunk and saddlebag liners by spring

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
Watch the helmets on the holder rings. They will move and rub the surface. They make some protector pads for that area. Ask me how I know ? I have saddle bag and trunk lid " liners ". The trunk lid liner is OK. The saddle bag lid liner restricts the volume you can compress in there. You have an 2012, I believe, so your saddlebags are deeper. Bags are nicer solo in the saddles, the lid liner works best and in conjunction with the bag in the trunk. That's my take.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Trunk Organizer Honda vs Wingstuff

Originally I ordered Wingstuff's trunk liner and organizer. I feel that the liner is kind of cheesy and the organizer adequate; however, I later ordered the Honda organizer and installed that. Honda's is better quality in MHO, but Wingstuff's install mounts are much better. In Florida the heat tends to turn the trunk into a furnace and the orgainzer plops off. Wingstuff's organizer using screws to attach to the trunk lid. I'm using the Honda organizer at present, I used a glue gun and other adhesives to secure it to the trunk lid.

I keep my toll pass, gps, tie wraps, etc in the organizer. Normally I attach my helmet to the holders under the trunk. Also, I ordered the gas lid pouch and the right-side glove pouch. Not super happy with these items. First they're not waterproof. Gas lid pouch is too small to hold a map, great for hard candy though :) The other pouch seems to be to "deep" for anything practical, perhaps I'll figure out what to keep in it on my next journey. I do keep zip-lock lunch and freezer bags handy to store my cell phone, camera and wallet in when caught in a downpour.

The Wingstuff trunk liner serves a purpose, I guess. It covers the CD well and keeps loose items from rattling around in the trunk. My old Wingstuff trunk organizer is mounted on my garage wall and holds misc items now.

Ride Safe,
T-Rex

·
Registered
132 Posts
I plan on making a little lexan, modular set-up for my trunk. It will be a week or so until I can get started.....sounds easy enough!

If it turns out well I will post up pics...if it turns out bad........ahh...umm....I know I'll blame George Bush!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts