Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Momma followed me home from church tonight and when we got home she pointed out the problem. Right turn sign in front flashes and left signal in rear flashes together and vice versa for the other side. I've yet to get under the seat to check out the electric so before I dig in has anyone experienced this before? Any suggestions? There's no trailer hitch or wiring and no extra signals wired in.

??????

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
On my old Vauxhall it was a poor earth [ground]. I soldered an extra earth to the light bulb holder and the worked properly. Other member may have ideas. Eric

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
OK, we are talking 1800 GW. Looking at the schematics, about the only place that the two wires can be crossed is not under the seat but under the trunk, behind the license plate. That is where the connectors are for the tail / stop lights.You will be looking for the Red and Blue Wires. There is a connector, 3P-R (3 wire and they are red) and a 3P-Blue ( 3 wire and they are blue. Now, the red ones go to the left rear turn signal and the blue ones go to the right rear turn signal. The connector should have the same color wires on both sides. In other words, blue/connector/blue, red/connector/red. They are both 3 wire connectors and could possibly be switched. Switched would be Red to blue and vise versa. Take off the back plastic panel where the license plate is by removing the 4 or 5 allen screws and the wire bundle with the connectors will be right in front of you in a rubber shield that you can slide back and see all the connections. That is about the only place in that whole circuit where those two sets of wires could be reversed. Blue to Blue and Red to Red....
Hope this helps....:D

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Dream! And yes Chop dangerous. Think I'll go into the shop early this morning and check it out.

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok guys Dreamweaver had it, plugs were reversed. It would appear that the PO had a trailer hitch on it and removed it, during this removal I would assume that a plug and play trailer light harness was removed at that time and the plugs were plugged in backwards. What a chance that some ding dong could about get me killed with such a stupid little mistake.

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And by the way THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU Dreamweaver

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
Yahoo. And it happened on this forum. We all benefit from your investigation and Issac's research. Proud to be allowed to hang out here.

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I gotta get a service manual for this bike now. I had one for the 1500 but for some reason i don't think it will do me much good on the 1800

·
Registered
741 Posts
Nice fix Dreamweaver!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts