Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went for ride early this morning. Clock working properly and showing the correct time. When I started it up for the ride home, the clock showed 1:00 when it was actually close to 8:00. On the ride home, it was still keeping time, just the wrong time. Got home, shut it off and when insdife to do a couple of things.

Came back out and started it up again and the clock reset itself to
1:00 again. It got the owner's manual and attempted to reset it to the correct time. I pushed the Mode button twice and the display for clock adjustment showed up. The manual states that when "clock adjustment" shown on the display that the time on the clock should be blinking. Mine did not blink and nothing happened when I Pressed the Trip button.

Any ideas as to what might be going on???

·
Super Moderator
11,818 Posts
There are several things that might be causing your problem. The first items I would suspect are the battery or cables. The clock will lose its memory if the voltage goes too low.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Check to see if all your connectons are good, and then put the battery on a tender or a regualr charger (2 amp max) and see if that changes things. A tending unit that has a 'refresh' mode is the best (Honda Optimate III or the like).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts