Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am installing the Hondline LED fog lamps on a loaded '10 wing w/o airbag. I have the lights installed and finished except for trying to find the 4-pin connector under the switch that I am supposed to connect the harness to. I can not find that head. There is a rather large black mass of wires taped - off to the right as you look down into the switch opening but I am hesitant to cut the electrical tape off before I ask here if that is where it is normally situated. The switch is screwed in and the harness is zip tied to the other harness as directed in the direction - but where is the 4 - pin connector?

thanks in advance for your help!

·
Premium Member
23,771 Posts
Mike says it is in there. Do you have the left storage pocket out to afford a better view in there ? Now you must remember, this is coming from a former ARMY soldier. Don't disgrace us. Semper Fi !

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Hey, I resemble that remark!

Yes, the connector is inside that boot. Most likely it is taped over/closed. I was lucky when I did mine as it was pretty much an easy find.

Here's a writeup that backs up the location: http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/forum1/86069.html

Good Luck!

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Remove the left black panel that has the headlight adjuster, it's behind there.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After finally cutting along the length of the boot I was able to find the connector. I have the lights working and all is well... except for the boot!

Thanks for the replies!

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
you can use small zip ties or tape to bind the boot back together. I have done the tie thing and then used liquid electrical tape over that. Looks nice and neat compared to the stuff just hanging there.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ah... that's good, I like those ideas. Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts