Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i attended the yearly Taos rally. I attended it on my Goldwing:D I was calling it the new rocket VI....lol The mrs. attended it with me and it was a great time and the riding was fantastic. I managed to keep up with Tigers up in the mountains which was no was no easy task...650 pounds with the rider and two up on my wing at least 1200 pounds ...but I did keep up and they were very impressed that i could...we road from 7am to 8pm straight riding and at the end of the day I was exhausted working the bike in teh turns just plain tired me out.....

People attended from all over the US, BC and as far as Australia. The one photo has two of the guys from Australia. It was a great time.

Attachments

·
Administrator
29,026 Posts
Glad you had a great time Lee. My the Wing sure does stick out in the picture doesn't it?;)

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
All them Trumpeteers didn't look down their noses at you did they? Nah, they wouldn't do that...would they?:D

·
Administrator
15,320 Posts
Sounds like a good ride. Glad you had a great time.

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They road one up and I road two up. (the Mrs.) I managed to keep up with them but it was truly a lot of work. 1250 pounds versus less than 700 pounds. They were impressed. They don't look down at me becuase they know how hard I ride at times and that gives me a little clout. I also have a rep for not taking any BS....:D I used to be a bit of a tough guy years ago when I was younger now I have mellowed with age....lol

I am looking to get the right second bike and now I am considering a Tiger 1200 I have decded the Rocket would be too close to the wing...by the way I like the wing much better than I ever like the rocket and that is really saying alot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.