Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

I'm looking at the weather. Tomorrow is supposed to be sunny and 60 after weeks of cold and rain. I'm getting on the bike at 6:00 AM for a full day.

I'm heading from Twin Cities to the North Shore of Lake Superior. I'm wondering if anyone has ridden the Gunflint Trail and/or route 1 from Silver Bay to Ely yet this season. Any reports from Minnesota riders or others who may have hit these early in the season? I am interested in the road conditions after the winter.

I've never ridden either of these, but have heard good things. And I have a new bike that has been begging me for some miles and road time. This is a day trip. I'm not sure if I will make it all the way to Gunflint or not, but I'm going to try.

Any feedback is welcome.

Thank you.

·
Premium Member
11,282 Posts
I love reading about your rides and the big miles that you guys do. But I am sticking with my club CAT [Candy Assed Tourers]. 600 miles is a big day out for me. Eric

·
Administrator
15,320 Posts
Looks like a great ride. Take a look at the UP of Michigan for some good rides. I haven't been there in a long time but it also is a beautiful area.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I love reading about your rides and the big miles that you guys do. But I am sticking with my club CAT [Candy Assed Tourers]. 600 miles is a big day out for me. Eric
Eric, you crack me up! If you ever get to the states, I sure hope you come by Indiana, I want to meet you.

·
Premium Member
11,282 Posts
Eric, you crack me up! If you ever get to the states, I sure hope you come by Indiana, I want to meet you.
I am going to get to the USA next year or there will not be anyone Down Under that will be able to put up with me. Eric

·
Administrator
15,320 Posts
I am going to get to the USA next year or there will not be anyone Down Under that will be able to put up with me. Eric
If you end up anywhere near Mississippi I'll be swinging by to meet you also.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.