Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent 7 days on the road last week. Visited Montreal and Quebec City, lots of back roads and covered 3200 miles and 11 states. A blast of a trip.

Even saw the lifesize 1600 pound chocolate moose at Lenlibby.com in Portland ME.

This was also the first trip I had a gps (garmin 255 wt)with me and one of the best money spent for mc touring. I'd STILL be in Quebec City trying to get out amidst all the construction.

Chris

·
Administrator
16,241 Posts
Sounds like a good trip. Which route did you take up and back? I would love to ride up to New England and into Nova Scotia some day. I mounted my Garmin a few weeks ago and love having that as a rolling map to keep up with the route. But I still have paper maps to go by. Old school I guess but I feel naked without them.

·
Super Moderator
10,520 Posts
Glad you had a great and safe trip. Don't you just love those GPS units? They sure can be lifesavers. Like Crownfire, I too carry a road atlas in my trunk (just in case).. Ride safe and often..

·
Administrator
29,799 Posts
Glad you had a great trip bullseye. Welcome home, Do you have any pictures to post?

·
Administrator
16,241 Posts
Thanks for the information. I’ll add the scenic roads to my bucket list. Going around Lake Erie would be neat. The difficult part will be through Detroit. If you do I recommend the Ambassador Bridge, especially if you are heading into Detroit. I always loved that view. The back roads were pretty neat east of Toledo 35 years ago when I drove them.

·
Premium Member
24,299 Posts
Glad you had such a good trip bullseye. Quebec City is charming to say the least. Montreal is just too much city for my open air blood, but the trip along the St Lawrence between the two is beautiful.

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
Sounded like a great trip but too bad you could not have made it to the Maritimes and particularly the Cabot Trail in Cape Breton. Maybe another time. Worth the Ride. The end of the month they are having a bike rally called "Thunder in the Highlands". No charge and lots of rides.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.