Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didnt get any takers for the Yosemite run, so the wife and I decided to take a run to Jamestown, which is a former gold rush town here in California. Neat little town, several shops that have been in business for well over 100 years.

·
Premium Member
7,508 Posts
Love the turquoise ear ring. Jamestown, where is that in Ca?

·
Administrator
29,019 Posts
Glad you were able to ride even if it wasn't Yosemite. Your wife's a cutie, you not so much.:rolleyes:

Anyway keep the reports & pictures coming.:cool:

·
Administrator
29,019 Posts
Funny thing I recently broke 4 ribs (Most of you guys know how) didn't do much but sit/sleep in my Lazy Boy for 6 weeks & lost 8 lbs. plus I'm married to a real foodie with awesome talents. Neither of us can figure out how I accomplished it & she's a bit miffed, I think the actual quote was " I have to work my butt off to lose 8 oz."

·
Premium Member
11,280 Posts
Thanks for the ride report. I do love that bike but I am not so keen on the fixer upper. Etic

·
Administrator
15,310 Posts
Thanks for the pictures. Looks like someplace my wife would like to see. I just have to get her out there. Bust she would not be interested in the fixer-upper. How were the roads?

·
Administrator
15,310 Posts
Looks great on the map. I had a training class in Sacramento a couple years ago and tried to get an extra day to rent a motorcycle and ride some. Didn't work out but I will keep those roads in mind in case I happen to make it out there again.

·
Super Moderator
12,267 Posts
The fixer-upper looks like someplace I would look at. Only problem is it reminds me too much of home! :eek:

·
Administrator
15,310 Posts
If you have time hit up the Eastern Sierras (Nevada side), Mono Lake, June Lake, Hwy 395, Bodie, and on and on. More to see here than you will ever have the time for, the roads are great the scenery.... well GREAT! There are miles and miles of roads in and around Mono basin, again plan for more than a day and see as much as you can.
Thanks! I make notes and keep them in my atlas. These will go in there tonight.

·
Super Moderator
10,003 Posts
I've never been there, but I've been to Nevada City which near Grass Valley, north of Sacramento. That's a neat old town too.

By the way, I reallllly like that Wing of yours. Great looking bike and nice and clean.

Ride safe..

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
Thanks Ace. I'd opt for the fixxer in a heart beat...no paint required, I love the rustic look. What kind of fairing are you putting on? Did you find a Honda one?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.