Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so this past weekend I took my girlfriend for a romantic trip to New York. Packed the bike well everything was going fine on the ride to NY. On the Highway I swerved to avoid a huge piece of a tractor trailer tire. Only to be hit in the front by something. That something was a part of the trier that blew kicked up by another vehicle. It hit the bike on the right side throwing me into a wobble. I was able to safely recover and pull over to assess the damage, nothing major for damage except for a lost and crushed right louver and a small crack in the lower fairing. Everything except for the louver is fixed. Oh yea and my Right break switch assembly blew as well

·
Registered
674 Posts
Wow are you ok? That could have turned out much worse. It sounds like your riding skills saved the day.
I am so glad you were able to recover from the wobble.
I think truck retreads should be illegal
Those chunks of tire are very heavy and dangerous, you are very lucky to still have your head.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
Road trash is a constant concern down here as well, especially on the freeways. Glad no one was injured.

·
Super Moderator
7,608 Posts
As long as you're both okay that's what matters.
I dislike those darn 'Road Gators'.

·
Premium Member
7,509 Posts
Recently I was riding in tight formation on Interstate 20 in Ft. Worth and all of a sudden cars directly in front me were slamming on brakes and swerving around a car top carrier in my lane. Amazing how nimble a Wing can be in emergency avoidance. I missed it and my wife was following me in the car and clipped it with her bumper. No real damage to her car except for paint scratches. Not sure if the carrier was empty or full? Glad to hear you're ok.

·
Banned
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thank you all my girlfriend and I are doing and wish to thank you all for careing . also thank you for moving the post i didnt even think to put it here

·
Administrator
15,288 Posts
Glad to hear all is well. Road hazards are always a problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.