Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there we are planning a trip mid August. Heading south out of Alberta into Montana then west through the next couple of states then back into BC.
Any thoughts as to what routs to take and places to see.
We have 6 days to travel.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
what to see

Be sure to ride through Glacier park and ride 120 miles on the hiway to the sun. I thought yellowstone was ho - hum except for the animals, eventhenif youre waiting for a buffalo to walk across the road you may way a while. They have 100% right of way.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Bear tooth pass is a must also.

·
Super Moderator
28,439 Posts
Hi there we are planning a trip mid August. Heading south out of Alberta into Montana then west through the next couple of states then back into BC.
B & the lady, I'll let you know my input when the little lady & I get back from our trip in June/July. We'll be coming the opposite direction Up from Cali. thru Oregon, Washington, Idaho & then Mt. I'll post when we get back.:D

·
Registered
23 Posts
Bear, state Highway 20 in Washington is really nice and Montana has some pretty stuff but the most spectacular scenery I've ever seen is in Wyoming. Yellowstone is OK but some of the roads leading to it are better. My favourite road of all time is Evanston, Wyoming to Colter Bay, Wyoming on US 189 and US 191. The southern part is 2 lane blacktop with nobody on it. It's open so no deer can surprise you and it's an excellent road. From Daniel up to Colter Bay is the most spectacular scenery I've ever seen. In general, stay off the interstate and use US highways. Most of them are empty. Good luck mate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts