Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot get the Honda Trip Planner (for my 2018 GL1800DA) site to come up on my McBook for the past 2 days. I get a statement that I cannot make a secure connection. Tried another computer (PC) with no luck. Anyone else have the same problem?

·
Premium Member
1,919 Posts
I cannot get the Honda Trip Planner (for my 2018 GL1800DA) site to come up on my McBook for the past 2 days. I get a statement that I cannot make a secure connection. Tried another computer (PC) with no luck. Anyone else have the same problem?
Yes Sir....Seems Mother Honda has left us Dead in the Water???:crying::crying:

I actually have tried on the phone,tablet and another 2 computers

·
Premium Member
1,919 Posts
I found this on another board. It looks like Honda is partnering with Rever for trip planning.

https://www.rever.co/partner/honda
I don't know how much the Honda rep will tell but I ask the dealer I go to to call them and talk to him I also use River I hope they team up but I hope I can use it with my Android as well

·
Registered
6,383 Posts
I just downloaded Rever and also got the app on my phone. It looks very nice and appears to have an option to download to Honda GPSs as well as others. It certainly can't work any worse than the Honda Trip Planner but it will be a while before I have time to play with it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
You must pay a monthly fee in order to download routes created in Rever. Ive heard $5.00/month. I use Kurviger. it's free and it plays well with the Honda GPS. Just save your route as waypoints not tracks.

·
Registered
745 Posts
If it is going to be $5 per month, most will not utilize it, unless it's the only one that will work on the 2018,19.

The previous trip planner never did work well. No easy way to adjust a route.
There are a lot of other out there that are free.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Whatever the merits of the Honda trip planner were, I think its shoddy business to close it down without warning or explanation. They should at least have said something on their homepage prior to deactivating it and keep something up there now so people dont spend needless time wondering whats wrong with their computer and why it wont go to that page anymore

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Trip Planner is back up!
I tried to contact Honda via chat and left a message but got no response.
Even though it is not real user friendly, I use it at lot and can work arounds its quirks.

·
Registered
745 Posts
The Trip Planner is back up!
I tried to contact Honda via chat and left a message but got no response.
Even though it is not real user friendly, I use it at lot and can work arounds its quirks.
I just wish you could drag the route to change it. The instructions on their site says you can, but it doesn't work.

When you are planning a trip, the map will automatically calculate a route, or path, between each stop. You can control this somewhat while adding new stops or by clicking on the blue route line and dragging it to a new location. This will create a new stop on the trip.

·
Registered
745 Posts
You are able to drag a waypoint. I use that to modify my routing.
Not talking about a waypoint. If you read what Honda says " Clicking on the blue line and dragging it will change the route. Mapsource does it just fine, trip planner does not.

I don't want to keep adding waypoints along the route. I just want to modify the route.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Not talking about a waypoint. If you read what Honda says " Clicking on the blue line and dragging it will change the route. Mapsource dies it just fine, trip planner does not.

I don't want to keep adding waypoints along the route. I just want to modify the route.
i couldnt do it either. i also struggled to line up the waypoints on the road. too frustrating of a program.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts