Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious, in your home state how is a multiple wheel vehicle registered. Is it considered a motorcycle or some other type of vehicle???? :confused:

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Been a while since I had mine, but mine was registered as a motorcycle.

·
Super Moderator
7,660 Posts
A trike in Florida gets the same tag as a motorcycle.
On your driver's license you can have a three wheeler endorsement and ride trikes, bikes with sidecars and outrigger setups; however you cannot ride a 2 wheeler.
If you have a motorcycle endorsement you can ride both.

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
in michigan a trike is regestered as a motorcycle

·
Registered
691 Posts
Its a motorcycle in Texas. And-you must have the mc indorsement on your license.

·
Registered
31 Posts
trikes

Its a motorcycle in Texas. And-you must have the mc indorsement on your license.
In Nevada trikes are considered tri mobiles ........must be driven with two back wheels..........need no helmets an no motorcycle license endorsement.............just an auto license.......but they have a motorcycle license plate...........Can Am would be considered a motorcycle

·
Registered
174 Posts
From the state web site/DMV in California, this is a motorcycle;

"A motorcycle is a vehicle whose motor displaces more than 150 cubic centimeters and has a seat or saddle for the use of the rider. It is designed to travel on not more than three wheels in contact with the ground and weighs less than 1,500 pounds."

And you must have a motorcycle endorsement to ride one on the street.

·
Registered
30 Posts
In Georgia a trike is classed the same as a motorcycle but the written test to get a motorcycle endorsement is the same for both. Some of the items on the test just don't apply to trikes. In fact, if a person followed what the state says is correct a person could get killed on a trike.

The driving test isn't much better. My wife was told to take her test on a two wheel course and when she complained that the space was too narrow for her three wheeler, the examiner just shrugged. She left and took the test in another community where the examiner actually let her set up the course.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Very interesting comments. I never would have guessed in just a few replies there would be so much difference from state to state. :confused:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wisconsin lists them as motorcycles...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts