Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We rode 2700 miles from Tulsa around New Mexico and Colorado. It seems like I got better gas mileage in the mountains than on the flat lands. Has anyone else seen similar experience??

Also since I just had my two wheeler converted, what kind of gas mileage should I expect???...thanks

·
Registered
793 Posts
I just got done doing an end to ender on the Blue Ridge Parkway last week, great ride, I was surprized when I got 42 mpg, two up, pulling a loaded trailer through the mountains. Normally I'm lucky to get 38 mpg. I don't want to think about the mpg on the highway stretch from Knoxville to Lexington, maybe 120 miles on 5.5 gal. I'm still on two wheels under my 1500.

·
Registered
793 Posts
As for getting better mileage in the mountains, are you running less rpms in the mountains and more rpms on the flatlands? On a 1500 and I'm sure it's the same on the 1800, if you keep the rpms under 3,000 you get better gas mileage.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For the entire trip, i averaged 30 mpg, pulling a trailer and wifey on the back. Sounds like I am not too far out of range....thanks for the info

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
When I had my 1500 converted by Lehman, my fuel mileage went from 44mpg (Cdn) to 33 mpg. Pretty big difference in my mind.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 99 1500 SE with a Motortrike conversion. I just completed a 2500 mile trip and averaged around 25 mpg pulling an Escapade trailer. Of course driving in the mountains and in windy conditions, I believe my mileage dropped.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts