Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not looking to do this..not anytime soon anyway, but, I'm curious; If you have a late model wing w/ABS..will that work with a trike kit? Or, will you loose the ABS?

·
Super Moderator
7,661 Posts
Only a couple of kits will work with ABS, DFT use the original drive line and either CSC or Hanigan.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
If you are thinking of triking-check your "crazy" import laws in Canada.
Seems something is amiss that won't allow you to register a conversion "imported".
Not clear on the whole deal, but think the "kit" has to be installed in Canada.
Some posts from a gal whom can't get her Stallion registered on the
Trike Talk forum.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The ABS system installed on the Goldwing monitors individual speed sensors from the front and rear wheels and uses that information to control the braking action by controlling individual brake systems. If the trike manufacturer installs a third brake system with the appropriate controllers then there is a possibility that the ABS system will function as originally designed. I seriously doubt that is being done. I would ask if the installed trike ABS system meets Honda standards. Very few aftermarket modifications do.

·
Super Moderator
7,661 Posts
On the DFT you transfer the ABS set up to the kit and it uses the OEM set up.

CSC Trike Conversions:
Disc Brake System
Truly masterful engineering went into the design of California Sidecar Trike's COBRA disc brake system and the result is truly confidence-inspiring braking performance. The brakes are completely integrated with the O.E.M Linked Braking System and we are the only trike manufacturer to offer full ABS integration.

Proprietary, patent-pending, CNC machined four-piston aluminum alloy brake caliper
11.5 in. purpose-designed cast rotor.

·
Super Moderator
7,661 Posts
oldtoot,
You'd have to contact CSC and ask them how theirs works, I know DFT uses all the original parts.

·
Super Moderator
7,661 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts