Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't wet my pants since I was 5 years old on Christmas eve...but I an waiting to get my new 2010 Goldwing tomorrow and at 57 years old I can't guarantee a dry night.
Four years ago I got back into biking after a 23 year hiatis. My first was a new Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Classic that I dressed up with a fairing and saddlebags. Nice bike, but my wife didn't like the seat. I then got a used Kawasaki Concours and it got sold in only 2 weeks. In my quest to find the 'perfect" bike I went BMW with a 2005 CL model. Nice rear seat, but an annoying shudder at 3000 RPM forced it's sale after a couple of months. It was replaced with a Honda ST1300. Sweet ride, Corbin seat, 125 HP....this was almost my dream machine until I saw thw BMW K1200LT, a year 2000, with low miles and a rear seat for a queen. Our last 3000 mile excursion was close to perfect. Coming home we encountered several Goldwing owners. We listened to their stories Goldwing, Goldwing, Goldwing, etc ...you know what I am talking about. So here I sit pounding out my story waiting for MY Goldwing to be PDI'd at the dealer tomorrow.
I figure that I have lots to compare to, but I KNOW the Wing is my last machine......air bag and all.
Good night fellow Wing owners...I hope.

·
Super Moderator
9,856 Posts
Congrats on your new Wing purchase and welcome to the forum from Pa. Quite a few of your fellow countrymen on the forum. Ride safe and enjoy....

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
Welcome to the Forum and congrats on the new Wing. I think the dealers should hand out a weeks supply of Depends with the purchase of a new Wing. Would save a lot of embarrassment on the home front:D
From the Northwest Corner
Ron

·
Registered
40 Posts
Good for you and welcome to the forum.
Once many years ago I had a 10 year hiatus from riding because my HD was such a bad bike. I must tell you my Goldwings are my favorite rides. You will love yours.
Ride Safe

·
Banned
3,204 Posts

Welcome to the forum from Seattle.

I highly recommend the GWRRA groups (Goldwing Road Riders Association) to find folks who ride wings in your area.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Congrats on your new GW! I've was told not to test drive one until I was ready to buy because it is such an awesome machine. So I didn't test drive one - just bought it. I'm hoping for a call to pick it up tomorrow or Thursday. Ride safe & welcome to the forum!

Jimmyjohn - Torrance CA

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
Welcome from Pa. You won't regret getting the Wing, enjoy the forum.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Peair,

You will soon find that this is a great place to hang out, all kinds of great advice and help :)

I hope that you can show us some pictures and share your first day with us on the new bike!

·
Super Moderator
15,241 Posts
hello peair, welcome to GWOF

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Welcome along, sleep tight (and dry)! Post some pics of the new arrival when it comes:D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A paperwork glich caused a one day delay in the unification of this man and his machine. Tomorrow is Thursday and I will reread the owners manual one more time. It is better than counting sheep to go to sleep. Did I mention the forecast for rain tomorrow? If the weather network is correct, the bike gods will end the downpour around noon.
Pictures and a critique of the 2010 Goldwing are guaranteed to follow. With my history, I can compare my new Wing to other bikes (except Harleys)....never even wanted to ride one, but that is a topic for another post.
Wing on....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts