Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed an '88 1500 Goldwing (minus front fork) in the back of my Tri-Magnum 3 wheeled car. Most of the time it runs Great - Sometimes while cruising the engine stops but will instantly re-start if I just touch the starter button. I seems like instantaneous power to the starter (before the starter even engages) is recycling something electronically, allowing the engine to run. This problem happens in any gear, at any throttle setting, and engine temperature. The good part is that it always re-starts. Any ideas to isolate this problem would be really appreciated.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I can't imagine what that would look like, did you use the whole bike minus the front forks? Or just the motor? There is a bank angle sensor that Honda had a recall on on the early 1500 Gold Wings, it will shut the bike off and just turning the key off and back on again will rest it and the bike will start.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I used the whole bike minus the front fork - It's bolted to a front subframe and is enclosed under a fiberglass body. Looks like a little 3-Wheeled car. Google "Tri-Magnum.

Looks like the problem may lie in the bank angle sensor, but I can't even find it on the bike.
Where is it located?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts