Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
I've not installed the Traxxion system, but I'll bet most responses you get will be one of these two.

1. Yes I did. Best thing I ever did. Bike handles great. Worth every penny.

2. No I didn't. Can't see spending $2k - $3k on top of $24k. I don't need it. I'm satisified with the existing Goldwing suspension.

Let's see if I'm right...

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
+1 on Two Wheels response. I would consider it IF my suspension REQUIRED a rebuild or upgrade. I could easily be coerced into making the 1800 mile round trip from my place to the Okanagan (and Traxxion will NOT let my service techs do it without sending them down to their school for training; I already asked) to get it done, but the $3k expenditure would have the significant other's eyebrows a tad close to the red zone.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
+1 on Two Wheels response. I would consider it IF my suspension REQUIRED a rebuild or upgrade. I could easily be coerced into making the 1800 mile round trip from my place to the Okanagan (and Traxxion will NOT let my service techs do it without sending them down to their school for training; I already asked) to get it done, but the $3k expenditure would have the significant other's eyebrows a tad close to the red zone.
Why can't you just but the stuff from them or another place that sells it and install it for your customers?. They can't stop you from buying it.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
That's the way I'd do it if I had reason to Joe. I'd just as soon pay our own mechanics to do it rather than someone else's. Pretty sure Wingstuff sells the kits if I remember right.

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
You can tell the members here that have been lurking on other sites. The first questions they pose is about suspension upgrades or car tires. Damn it! Enjoy the bike as it was originally engineered . When you need to replace something, then think of aftermarket upities.

·
Registered
449 Posts
You can tell the members here that have been lurking on other sites. The first questions they pose is about suspension upgrades or car tires. Damn it! Enjoy the bike as it was originally engineered . When you need to replace something, then think of aftermarket upities.
Can I get an AMEN for Brother Chop??

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was just wondering if it was a good kit. Not planning on changing anything right away.

Oh yeah, this is the first and only Goldwing site I "lurk" on. :D

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
I was just wondering if it was a good kit. Not planning on changing anything right away.

Oh yeah, this is the first and only Goldwing site I "lurk" on. :D
I confess I have been " just looking " on another site. It's not like I sinned or anything. I never took anything from them.:) And it's just another thing to be envious about.;)

·
Super Moderator
28,454 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopin114

Oh yeah, this is the first and only Goldwing site I "lurk" on.
shoff, Don't mind Lee he just gets a little ornary at times. He really isn't the horses @*^ that he appears to be.:D:D:D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Anyone ever installed the Traxxion Suspension system?

If so, is it worth the money?
I have had the Traxxion suspension upgrades for the last 5 years now. I removed the forks and rear shock and sent them to Traxxion for the upgrades and then reinstalled them on the bike....turn around was fast, about 9 day from start to finish and I was riding again.

There are some who think that only riders who like to ride fast and drag pegs in the corners need a suspension upgrade, but the truth is those who ride two up most of the time or pull trailers are the ones who really benefit the most from a suspension upgrade with the GL1800 because the bike simply rides and handles the weight better with a better suspension. The suspension upgrades were the best mod I've done with my bike....after riding a Traxxion Wing there is no going back to a stock Wing. You know it was worth the effort and expense when your wife comments on how much better the bike rides over the bumps and she is much happier with the bike as well... and then there are the times when your riding two up and are leaning over in a bumpy curve a bit more then you really should be and the bike feels like it's on a rail feeling so confident inspiring it just makes you grin and you think to yourself it was worth ever penny

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all the feedback. I'm not going to change anything out soon, but the video of the Trax setup really made it sound good.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'm with Roadie on this. I sent my forks and shocks to Traxxion and had them do the fork work and install the preload on the rear shock. I ride at a reasonable speed ;) and just love the handling with this package. The wing felt soft and soggy on it's standard suspension and was not confidence inspiring at speed in the corners:(. I now have a great handling bike, it has far more corner clearance than standard (for those badly judged corners that end up making you lean further than you planned!:eek:), it doesn't shake it's handlebars if I let go of the bars at around 40mph;), it rides beautifully when I cruise with the wife, the preload actually has a usefull range (I ran it on Max all the time with the standard setup), the bike is 10x easier to put on the center stand:).. I don't understand how Honda could have got it so wrong, everything else on a wing is so good, but the suspension is so obviously under sprung!!:mad: Before I got the full traxxion front end, I fitted just the traxxion uprated fork springs and 15W fork oil and that alone for $100 made a huge difference, I would highly recomend that change if you can't afford the full traxxion front end..:cool: I also have a traxxion fork brace, but have no idea if it makes any difference as I fitted it at the same time as the fully modified traxxion forks. If I got another Goldwing, the traxxion work would be the first thing I ever did to it.. It's that good..:D

Gary

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
I've not installed the Traxxion system, but I'll bet most responses you get will be one of these two.

1. Yes I did. Best thing I ever did. Bike handles great. Worth every penny.

2. No I didn't. Can't see spending $2k - $3k on top of $24k. I don't need it. I'm satisified with the existing Goldwing suspension.

Let's see if I'm right...
Am I good or what!!! Seems like I'm right on with my prediction. Maybe I'll buy a Powerball ticket this week..... Ride safe on whatever suspension you have.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts