Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone out there have any experience with Traxxion Dynamics suspension upgrades on a GL1800, 2008. I know its a chunk o' change but if it will improve tire wear and "the wobble" and give me better handling I might be willing to give it a shot. I have always felt that the front end on our wings left a little to be desired. My 1500 and now the 1800 really give quite a jar when hitting highway expansion joints, feels like suspension has bottomed out.

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
Don't have it on mine, but quite a few guys on other forums do. I think cost for a full setup both front and back is somewhere around $2.5k. Some claim it cures the "wobble", some still have it. Some don't replace the stock Honda suspension and never experience the "wobble". So your choice.... Whatever you do, good luck and ride safe..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Does anyone out there have any experience with Traxxion Dynamics suspension upgrades on a GL1800, 2008. I know its a chunk o' change but if it will improve tire wear and "the wobble" and give me better handling I might be willing to give it a shot. I have always felt that the front end on our wings left a little to be desired. My 1500 and now the 1800 really give quite a jar when hitting highway expansion joints, feels like suspension has bottomed out.

The reason your suspension feels like it's has bottomed out is because with the stock suspension the front forks are nearly bottomed out with just a rider sitting on the bike. With just a rider sitting on the bike the stock forks will compress 3 inches out of the 5 total inches the forks have...it gets worse with a heavy rider or two up. The stock fork springs are much too soft for the weight of the bike. With the stock front forks nearly bottomed out just riding down the road, the forks have nowhere to move when they encounter the hard bumps and transmit the road shock through the handlebars.

I have the Traxxion AK-20 fork kit and the Traxxion rear shock on my 03. If your looking for a better overall ride, with better handling and a more confident inspiring ride at any speed on any type of road...especally riding two up and pulling a trailer.... the Traxxion suspension delivers as advertised. All the hype you read about Traxxion suspension is true...it's transforms the Wing and gives it a more refined, tighter, more precise feel that is guaranteed to put a grin on your face when your leaned over in a bumpy curve riding two up.....once you've had a Traxxion Wing there is no going back to a stock Wing.

It's a bit costly for sure but if you can turn a wrench and remove your own forks and rear shock and send the forks to Traxxion the cost is about 1600 dollars for the AK-20 fork kit and the rear shock. It's without a doubt the best money I've spent on my Wing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts