Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have viewed a couple of youtubes of "yellow Wolf" and "Fuse" riding the dragons tail at deals gap...awesome.He says he has a full Traxxion Suspension on his wing.Does anybody know much about this suspension ? I've read mixed reviews about it.Some say it's too rigid in the front, but the back is great with two up and towing a trailer, but lousy with one up....others love it. It's expensive, but I'd like some feed back from you boys in the States.
If you watch the "Traxxion Dynamics Seminar" (which is very interesting), they blame a lot of the notorious "wing wobble" steering problems, on the crappy front suspension from the factory.There are lots of posts in this forum complaining about this, from old bikes to practically brand new ones. They also recommend disabling the anti-nosedive valve to eliminate the 'hardness' of the front forks when braking hard.:confused:
Any thoughts fellas ?
Graham from Downunder

·
Registered
31 Posts
Traxxion

I blew a seal on the rear shock at 40,000 miles..............I called them an was told they would call me back........that was 3 weeks ago...............so now I have a progressive shock...............they were willin to talk to me an returned my calls...............wouldn't buy anything from Traxxion with no service................can you see yourself out travelin an have this problem with no service....... progressive stepped right up and helped me............
Howard
HisST

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
I have spoken with Traxxion directly as well as a couple of their distributors up here in Canada. I'd consider the front full upgrade if I needed to do it, but due to cost, I wouldn't do it unless absolutely needed. I have mixed feelings about the disabling of the anti-dive though.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have spoken with Traxxion directly as well as a couple of their distributors up here in Canada. I'd consider the front full upgrade if I needed to do it, but due to cost, I wouldn't do it unless absolutely needed. I have mixed feelings about the disabling of the anti-dive though.
Yes budoka, the cost aspect of it is a concern. I might leave it alone for the time being.I don't have any problem with wobble, and I'm not a boy racer by any means and most of my riding is one up.But If you watch that seminar, they really don't think much of the factory forks on the GW's generally, or the anti nosedive valve particularly.:eek:
Thanks for your input, mate.
Graham from Downunder

·
Registered
168 Posts
I know a guy that thinks it is the greatest thing since sliced bread. When I met this guy at the dragon, I had trouble pulling away from him. He was on a wing, and I was on my FJR 1300. I know on my wing, I sure would like to handle better on the curves, and I am seriously considering having my new wing upgraded. The suspension just seems sloppy. The front end support could be lots better.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Stevemaloy.There seems to be a few guys out there who are capable of giving the sports bike boys a run for their money.I have just been watching the Deals Gap DVD featuring "Yellow Wolf ", and even Jerry Palladino thinks YW is as smooth as silk. I think before i go spending money on my wing like that, i might just concentrate on improving my riding skills first.I don't want to be a world beater, just a very good rider.Then after that ? who knows.
Graham from Downunder

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've ridden with Rick "Yellow Wolf" many times and I can tell you all the suspension upgrades you can buy will do you no good unless you have his skills and nerve. When we rode, his bike was stock and he'd vanish after 3 curves. A short time later I'd come by a yellow wing parked on the side of the road and he'd be kneeling there waiting for me to take my picture. I thought I was setting a world record in the twisties until I rode with him. So, master the skills of riding fast in the twisties before you consider upgrading your bike. Myself, I'm happy with stock and am not interested anymore in being the fastest gun in town.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Shimpy
There is no way that i will ever ride like Yellow Wing, for the simple reason that i just don't have the balls.Just watching him on that Deals Gap video makes my hair stand on end.Really, all i want to do is to be able to ride in a group and not be a hindrance to the other riders,get the technique down pat, and then just enjoy riding with a bit more confidence.You can tell your friend Rick, that he has a huge fan here in Australia, namely, me.
Cheers
Graham from Downunder
Eastwood says it best for me
"A mans got to know his limitations

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Goldwing CB Radio
(couldn't see where to start a new topic.)
Question
When they talk about the "proper CB radio" for Goldwings, as advertised in "Cyclemax". Are they AM or UHF ?
for the price they are asking, you would think that it would have to to be am. (which is bloody useless)
What do you think is the best way to go about setting up a small UHF radio on a wing ?
Cheers
Graham from Downunder
"A man has to know his limitations"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts