Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just installed the traxxion soft springs in the forks,big improvement!i no longer bottom out on speedbumps or entering my drive way,also soaks up smaller bumps.with these springs,superbrace & the antidive bypassed and fresh fork oil,i now have the front forks working as they should (at a total cost of about $225) the misses just ordered the traxxion rear shock ,steel braided line,spring compressor to do the rear, $549 from wingstuff (VIP),she has back problems and is tired of the harsh ride.i will add a review when i install it

·
Premium Member
23,773 Posts
I'll assume $225 for parts only, I know you charge yourself for the labor. Watching the things you do to your 05 is a glimpse into my future.

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
Oh, to be so handy with a wrench.... Sounds like you really like the difference in your Wing's ride. Enjoy and ride safe..

·
Registered
91 Posts
I fitted the traxxion springs to my Gold wing and disabled the anti dive (and fitted a traxxion fork brace) and loved the difference, I then fitted the Traxxion heavy duty rear spring to the standard rear shock absorber and again found a huge improvement, like you for a total cost of parts of about $350. In the end I sent the forks to Traxxion to have all the internals replaced and bought a traxxion rear shock and again noticed a good improvement.
I think the fork spring ($100), fork brace ($120) and rear shock spring ($100) cannot be beaten in terms of value for money. It makes a HUGE difference to the goldwing's ride for just $350. The full traxxion update is nice to have, but I still have a hard time justifying the cost, but it sure does work well!!

Gary

1 - 4 of 4 Posts