Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i just installed the rear traxxion shock and although it is a better ride,(small bumps and imperfections seem to go unnoticed)IMHO it's not worth the money and install effort,(had to modify the spring compressor and drill out the top shock mount bushing),ALSO,NO INSTRUCTIONS WERE INCLUDED!but to be fair my stock shock seemed to work better than others i have read about (my preload adjustment started to raise my bike from #1 up)and i also don't ride my wing like a sport bike "carving twisties"

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
does the shock have a " break-in " period? how many miles do you have on the new shock

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
only have 10 miles on it,don't know if there is a break in period ,i didn't receive any PAPERWORK OR INSTRUCTIONS WITH THE SHOCK! if you are a novice and don't have a service manual ,DON'T TRY TO INSTALL THIS!

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
i just put new progressive shocks on my 1200 last week and the ride is getting softer as the miles increase but i am installing new front springs so the 1200 wing is back in the garage. good thing i have a 1500 wing

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Traxxion is pretty adamant about only having trained techs install their products, so I'm surprised you did it yourself. They won't even sell me a kit and let my mechanics do it in the shop (but that's for the front). I really like the preload adjuster on my '09, and i leave it set fairly high since I do ride pretty aggressively at times (ok any chance I get to do some twisties I do), and I don't have any complaints about harshness. What made you change your rrear shock anyway, it's usually the forks that most riders want to change?

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
,after i installed the traxxion front,i really liked the improvement,so i figured i'de finish it off with the rear.i think it will improve with a few more miles.you can buy all of their products at wingstuff for less than traxxion sells for

·
Registered
91 Posts
I am surprised that you had to drill out the top shock mount. I removed the preload mechanism from my original shock and sent it to Traxxion, the new shock came back with the preload mechanism installed and I just bolted the shock onto my wing, no drilling or messing about. I immediately noticed the back end of the bike sat higher, this made it easier to put on the center stand, gave more clearance in the bends and the shock did a much better job of soaking up bumps and pot holes in the road. I found it a massive improvement over the stock shock.. Are you sure they sent you the correct shock? I am really surprised that you had to drill anything out..

As you say you fitted the front shocks, do you mean you just fitted the traxxion uprated springs and spacers? or did they sell you the complete damper rod assemblies for both fork legs and you machined the forks to take the new mechanism? I have not heard of traxxion selling the damping units to anyone to install, they insist on doing it themselves.. The Traxxion spring and spacers do make a massive improvement to the front end but the full monty is even better (but very expensive). I think you have a nice comprimise if you have the springs in the front and the correct rear shock..

Gary

1 - 7 of 7 Posts